Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

Do you say bread buns, bread cakes, or baps or something else?

Got food on the brain today..

What do you say and which region are you from?

cobs.. hmm there's a new one to me?

Favorite Answer

Cobs......honest, thats what they are called in my neck of the woods...Nottinghamshire.

in Norfolk, Cobs is what is the word they use for horse pooh.....so you can imagine the look we got when we went in a cafe there and asked for a "cob" with cheese and onion on.....lol

• Small ones are rolls & large ones are baps. I know that sounds rude but I'm not meaning to be, lol! I'm from Sussex by the way. I had a friend from Hull who called rolls bread cakes I think.

Cobs. Derbyshire

I say bread cakes I am from East Yorkshire, I would say bap for a soup roll.

Rolls, cobs, baps

Well, in bradford we call them tea cakes (no currents/raisins.)

I moved to newcastle and tea cakes are the fruity kind and they are bread buns/baps/stotties up north. So you can imagine the look my husband got when he asked for a fishcake in a tea cake...that lady was mortified. pmsl, i will never let him live it down.

Where I grew up (Derbyshire) we called them cobs (where I live now - Isle of Wight - cobs are a type of dog biscuit lol)

Here on the island they are called rolls.

Am I the only one to word a average sexual undertone? i'm, oh, could only be my ideas... I perfer buns to sliced bread. as quickly as I first moved down south I asked for a "chip barm" contained in the chippy. They appeared at me like i might only sprouted a 2nd head!

• Hibee

Rolls. Scotland.

Muffin. Manchester