Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

When someone is adding you to their bank account, does the bank check the added persons credit and check hist?

My fiance and I are planning on getting on the same account together. We decided to go through his bank account and he is just going to add me to his account. 6 years ago I apparantly had 2 hot checks out that I had written that i didnt take care of (i was a dumb kid i guess) so im worried that I wont be able to get added to his account because of my past? I have asked lots of people and get mixed answers! HELP!

Favorite Answer

My husband and I did the same thing before we were married and Bank of America ran my credit report (I was going on to his account). Your best bet would be just to call them and ask really

You may not be able to get added to his account until you clear these checks up. They run a check on your SS # and can tell if you owe money to other banks. Until these are cleared up, you probably won't be able to get any account.

he should have his own account

he and you should open a new account for the both of you

and you should have your own account.

I'm not sure how you do it but you might want to

check Chexsystem.com and see if there is

anything on you. If not, then probably no

problems at all.