Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

I'm looking for a story that involves 2 ships passing in the night?

I"m looking for a tragedy that involves a person too immersed in himself/herself to notice someone else go by.

Essentially, 2 ships passing in the night. If you know something like this, post the answer.

• aggylu
    Favorite Answer

Double Fault by Lionel Shriver is a great one. Two people in love with each other and their own egos. . . Oooh, while I'm thinking about it, We Need To Talk About Kevin by the same author qualifies too. It's more like 3 ships passing in the night. Tragic? Check. Heartbreaking and terribly real.

Another that comes to mind is Terrorist by John Updike. It's not a romance, but does look at a group of people who simply refuse to pay attention to each other, and the results are tragic.

Hope these help.

the original story of two people searching for each other and their ships pass in the night is " Evangeline" by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow