138 asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Why don't the Yankees fire Brian Cashman and not Torre?

Brian Cashman seems to be the problem! Not Joe Torre! Maybe Cashman and Steinbrenner have a secret gay relationship going on and that's why!

Favorite Answer

Joe Torre's time in New York has come and gone, along with Bernie Williams, Jorge Posada, Mariano Rivera and quite possibly Alex Rodriguez. Brian Cashman has his work cut out for him; he has to re-sign the former greats for market value, not what the players think their value is. If Cashman lets some or all of these stars walk, we're going to see a couple things happen. Some owners will overpay the former Yankees and then watch them under perform. Meanwhile, the Yankees will outbid the rest of MLB for some big-name free agents such as Andruw Jones and/or Torii Hunter. Regardless we can close the chapter on this Yankees era.

Cashman. He outfitted the group. however the project is, who runs it if Cashman is long previous? The final time the Boss became "in can charge," the Yankees sucked (look on the 80's and early ninety's). Torre could bypass by potential of the top of the year - yet he has introduced 4 titles to long island, so he gets some slack. He is conscious the thank you to regulate.

Because Cashman is responsible for your season not going completely in the toilet. "The Boss" just wants to throw money around and you CAN'T win like that anymore. Cashman was the one who a couple seasons ago said that they needed to rebuild their minor league......and I think you used a couple of those guys am I wrong?

I always thought Cashman made some bone headed moves.. Carl Pavano and etc.

As for the gay thing I don't know and I don't care

George Steinbrenner earned his millions via boat construction. Therefore, he's a little dinghy!

I though that when Steinbrenner said that he completly lost his mind

Well The Boss George does what he want