Help with linux ubunu?

I have downloaded the ISO file and burned it to a cd. When I put the cd in the drive and restart my computer, it acts like is going to install, it even createes the parition but it gets to a point to where it says:

Caldera DR-DOD 7.03

Copyright (c) 1976, 1998 Caldera, Inc. All rights reserved.

[DR-DOS] A:\>

*** it gives me the option to put a command here**

It just stopps right there I NEED HELP PLEASE

• Mōlě
    Favorite Answer

You burn the iso wrong way.

Ubuntu itself is bootable. You have used the option of bootable in your burner program that has made cd bootable with caldera dos.

Burn the iso again as image (i.e. using option of burning image & disable option of "make bootable") in your burner program

Hi, u r not booting from the cd as Ubuntu should not run Dos at all. Change ur bios settings to boot from first boot device as cdrom and second boot device as hard disk. Also make sure u did a checksum check after downloading the iso image, and I hope when u burned the image u chose the option to burn a disc image and not create a data disc. Hope I helped.

Good Luck!

Go back and do it right!

Caldera? I have installed Ubuntu numerous times, as well as other distros. Caldera? What are you doing?