Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
hi I got a question
do Spider bites hurt a humen just wondering
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Most spider bites will leave a red raised area on your skin. This is your body's natural reaction to an injury. However, some spiders are highly venomous.. Contrary to their appearance, most tarantulas while they do have a strong bite are about as dangerous as a beesting. The violin spiders like the Brown Recluse are extremely dangerous to humans. thier bite begins with a red circular area. which progresses to it's characteristic 'bullseye'. Black in the center, then white, then red. The black center is composed of necrotic cells. ie. skin that has died. if you have a bite that begins to resemble the bullseye mark, RUN do not walk to your Doctor. what you see on the surface is the bare tip of the iceburg.
Black widow bites are extraordinarily painful. How the venom reacts is to cause the pain receptors and nerve endings in your body to 'fire' at one time. Many have described the bite as 'red hot needles'. Black widow venom affects the central nervous system much like a cobra's bite. your body will stiffen. and become hypersensitive. your heart races, and it becomes difficult to breathe. Very rarely will someone die from a black widow bite inthe US. there is an antivenin available. but due to an oddity of the venom or the human body, humans can only take the antivenin only once. Most people who live in the places where the spider is common seem to prefer to take a different route and opt for massive doses of pain killers and if needed, life support.
If you're interested in learning more, contact your local county Home extention agency to learn what kinda critters live in your area. Cheers!
*My reply was based on 3 yrs as a working EMT III and 20+ yrs in search & rescue.
- chahn11Lv 41 decade ago
Although "Siara_Sambora"'s answer is a good one, I do disagree on some things stated (sorry). The descriptions that she made about the reactions to the Brown Recluse and Black Widow Spiders are reactions that occur in only a small percentage of bites. Although a bite from either of these spiders should be medically treated, as a precaution, most bites from these spiders only cause minor, localized reactions. btw, the most venomous spider (and the one with the most painful bite) is the Brazilian Wandering Spider, and the most dangerous is the Sydney Funnel Web Spiders. But that is for another question.....
Whether a spider's bite hurts depends on the species and the toxins that are injected. Some spiders, like the Tarantulas, Wolf Spiders, etc. can inflict a quite painful bite. It is true that the Black Widow's venom will cause pain, but it is from the venom, not the actual bite. Spiders with very large and strong chelicerae (fangs), have the most painful bites. The combination of being large and strong, plus the venom that it injects, make the Brazilian Wandering Spider's bite downright excruciating.
Other spiders, like the Brown Recluse, cause an almost painless bite. That is why it is so difficult to actually identify this spiders bite, as by the time symptoms are present, the spider is gone. Many bites blamed on the Brown Recluse are actually caused by the Yellow Sac Spider.
So to answer your question, some spider bites can be most painful, and some are almost painless.
Also, just another little bit of info......
There are NO poisonous spiders. However, except for a very select few, they are all venomous. Poison is a toxin that is secreted from the skin, like from some frogs, or other glands and then ingested by mouth or absorbed through the skin. Venom is a toxin that is injected, either via fangs, or a stinger, like bees, snakes, scorpions, and spiders.
Hope this helped ya'
- Eric DiLaurentisLv 51 decade ago
Ye. If its a poisonous spider you have to be careful it will make a red mark where ever it bit you and it can get itchy.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
I got bit by an extermly poisenious spider when i was little. I didnt even know it until i had to go to the doctor because where it bit me started to hurt.
- 1 decade ago
Depends on the spider. If it is poisonous then yes. And you might want to check that out too.
- 6 years ago
Brown recluse leave a black center. It Hurts! On my face, made my eye swell, my jaw and teeth hurt. My neck and ear were sore. Went to the doctor to get stong antibiotics. It helps push the puss out. It is in a sac and eventually it will all come out.