Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

Where deos my name originate from?

Camilo

there is many famous ppl that have my name but iono where this name came from. as in what country. anyone know?

Favorite Answer

The boy's name Camilo \c(a)-mi-lo\ is pronounced ka-MEE-loh. It is of Latin origin, and its meaning is "free-born child; noble". Masculine form of Camille. Could possibly be traced back to the young girls who assisted at pagan religious ceremonies. Saint Camillus de Lellis was a 16th-century Italian founder of hospitals, and is patron saint of nurses and the sick.

Camilo has 3 variant forms: Camillus, Camillo and Comillo.

Baby names that sound like Camilo are Kamil, Gamal, Gamul, Gamali, Gamel and Kamal.

Camilo is a very rare male first name and a popular surname (source: 1990 U.S. Census). Displayed below is the baby name popularity trend for the boy's name Camilo. Click here to compare Camilo with related baby names.

Source(s): Never have I heard any famous people who have that name. www.Thinkbabynames.com

Camilo is the spanish form of roman Camillus meaning attendant for a temple. THat is what 2000 baby names says

The Name Camilo is a boy's name with the meaning(s) " Ceremonial attendant.|Freedom" and is French, Tongan in origin. Is what mybabyname.com says it also says This year (2007), Camilo was the 7160th most popular name, and is in the top 10% for the year.

Name: Camilo zu�iga

Gender: Masculine

Location: South America

Language: Spanish

Thematic: Virtual Nicknames

Meaning: Director de publicidad

Is what namespedia says

Source(s): 2000babynames.com mybabyname.com namespedia.com hope I helped! <3

Camilo is the Spanish and Portuguese form of Camillus, itself a Roman family name sometimes thought to mean "attendant at a religious service" in Latin but may actually be of unknown Etruscan origin.

Hope that helps! ;)

Italian, have someone in my family by that name...Camilo or Camilio.