Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 1 decade ago

how to make your own website?

website?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

To make your own website you will have to know a little html and do the following:

1) Register a domain name

2) Select a company to "host" your website

3) Use HTML (or more advanced technologies like Cascading Style Sheets) to build your web pages.

4) Publish your website

Once you know the steps it's easy to research how to do each one. If you want to take an easier route, though, you can always start a blog. Then the company hosting your website essentially builds the website for you and all you have to do is fill it with your content.

• 1 decade ago

actually it's fairly easy..

from what i know, there are two ways to make your own website..

first, learn html and how to use it in making a website! html is very easy to understand, all you need is imagination! you can find out about html by consulting computer books about web designs!! techfactor is an example of a good book about html.. well, basically, we use html on friendster so almost anyone can understand how it works!

second - on the other hand, if you're really not interested to learn html and just wanted to make a website fast and easy, i advice you to go to websites that offer services that will help you make your own site!! www.piczo.com is a great website... here, you can name your own site and edit it anyway you like just by clicking, dragging and entering... all you need is a piczo account, which is totally free!! it's so easy to make, infact i have one myself... it's like doing your freindster profile...

have fun!! hehe

Source(s): ^_^
  • 5 years ago

1. Buy domain name.

2. Buy hosting provider. Get access to your account.

3. Download WordPress latest version at official website (it's free).

4. Learn in YouTube videos how to install WordPress to your website.

5. Log in to WordPress panel to choose the theme. (Choose how your website will be look like)

6. NOW You can publish posts, articles, media, products, goods, create pages.

• 1 decade ago

My company has a simple web design builder. All you have to do is choose a template ad your content. They are all in flash too. You can change the layout or the content at anytime and its really easy for anyone with out without html knowledge to update. It has over 250 flash templates alone to choose from. Plus you can add any theme you want to change the look of your site. flashsitedesignz.com

Check out some samples and see if you like it.

www.flashsitedesignz.com/sample1.html

www.flashsitedesingz.com/sample2.html

www.flashsitedesignz.com/sample3.html

www.flashsitedesignz.com/sample4.htm

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • DianeD
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

first u have to book domain

secnod u have to take webspace according your data

third u should know any webdeveloping tool (language)

by which u can make your website content.

after booking domain ,u will get ftp details and website control pannel details

then u can upload the website content to your site.

any further help

u can write to me mm54071@yahoo.co.in

take care

• 1 decade ago

the way i got started was by searching the web under this topic, and was surprise to find that there are many site that take you step by step though the process of starting your own web site totally free

• 6 years ago

If you make a Cool websites! you should know seo

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i would say try phpnuke (www.phpnuke.org) a bit confusing to install with mysql database and all that but once you install it, its super mega easy to change things around. i can install it for you if you want but first you need to open an account for a free web host at www.freehostia.com...

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

You may be able to operate on the local computer now

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.