Any one experience this...?

If a woman were to have a c-section and then within a few months get pregnant...like less than 5...what would happen? I mean, would it be a sure miscarriage...would the uterus rupture...stuff like that? Any advice or experience would be helpful. (No I am not asking for myself...a friend)

Favorite Answer

My children are 14 months apart, and both were by c sections. I was around 5 months pregnant when I concieved the 2nd. For me everything turned out fine. Yes the chances of certain things do go up, but only slightly. The biggest concern is making sure you eat healthy because your body hasn't had a chance to fully recuperate from having the first baby. Tell your friend to relax and make sure she sees her OB as scheduled. I now have a 2 and a half year old and a 15 month old...and they are both healthy.... One word to the wise though, her doc will probably want her to have another csec, i know mine did.

My mom got pregnant 8 months after a c-section and did not miscarry. Uterus did not rupture. However, she was not able to have a natural birth, and needed to plan another c-section, because...well I'm not exactly sure why, but supposedly it is safer.

That happened to my friend last year, she got pregnant when her baby was only a few months old and she had a c-section. Nothing bad happened! She did have a c-section with her second baby as well though.

there are possibilities of complications, but highly unlikely. i seriously doubt because of her situation that it would cause a miscarriage, besides the fact of letting everything get back to normal before starting all over again, but i think she will be fine. since the baby is so small in the beginning stages of pregnancy, uterine rupture is highly unlikely. best of luck to her and congrats.

I dont think it would cause a miscarrage, certainly the 2nd pregnancy would result in a c-section birth, but typically a normal c-section wound will heal in about 9 weeks.

i think it will be fine.