My digital camera won't work! What should I do?

I went to a X-Country meet, and took my Canon Powershot digital camera with me in my bag. But, I also had my big waterbottle, and it leaked allover in my bad. My camera case is really wet, and when I took my camera out it was a bit wet too. It won't turn on, and I even put new batteries in and tried to turn it... show more I went to a X-Country meet, and took my Canon Powershot digital camera with me in my bag. But, I also had my big waterbottle, and it leaked allover in my bad. My camera case is really wet, and when I took my camera out it was a bit wet too. It won't turn on, and I even put new batteries in and tried to turn it on, and it won't work.

Would it be best to just let it air out until tomorrow? Should I use my memory card on another camera to see if the pictures are still there? What should I do?