What kind of spider is this?

Found a crazy looking striped spider its a bit bigger than a quarter i live in sw washington state any ideas of what kind of spider? if you can send a link with a pic id love it i searched google and find nothing. please help!!!

• Emily
    Best Answer

The dreaded Washington Striped spider. I've heard of them.

• Lori

I have just found a nest, in my garden, of what appears to be 100's of little yellow and black spiders newly hatched...Never seen them before in my life.... Being a bit worried (Yellow and Black is often natures warning sign) I have done a number of searches... After trawling the net it appears it maybe be a type of Argiope (black and yellow garden spider) however that is a US spider and I am living in the UK... Further searching suggests their is a 'Wasp Spider' which is found in Contienial Europe and sometimes the South Coast of England... Which is still a mystery as I live in the Midlands(England - UK) which is miles from the any coast let only the South Coast.... Should I be charging people to come and visit my Garden to see this rare site or is there another type of spider out here? They are not harmful to humans are they I trust??? - my mum is very anxiouis!!! Damon

Could be an imported poisonous Banana Spider ....

Look up poisonous snakes in your area, if not on the list then it is ok. Know a big black spider.

what color are the stripes, is it multicolored or just two colors, maybe a bananna spider there yellow and black

i thnk thats a tarantula spider it bits

its a rabid spider gorrila ninja pig.

you want someone here to send YOU a picture of what YOU saw?

ninja pig

No idea