How can I get rid of flour weevils?

I swear I am not an unclean person, and I don't consider my kitchen unclean. That being said, does anyone else have experience with these kitchen bugs? What are they? How harmful are they? Should I just keep everything in plastic containers from now on? The first bugs I found, they're little black... show more I swear I am not an unclean person, and I don't consider my kitchen unclean. That being said, does anyone else have experience with these kitchen bugs? What are they? How harmful are they? Should I just keep everything in plastic containers from now on?

The first bugs I found, they're little black roundish ones, I'd seen them before, they infested my self-rising flour, which I hardly ever use. My mom told me to keep all my flour in the fridge, because the bugs actually *hatch out* of the flour, but keeping it cold will slow the process. I don't know how true that is.

I started seeing these bugs on my counter, and traced them to a box of barley I bought at least a year ago and barely used. They'd actually eaten little holes in the box. Doesn't look like they got into anything else.

While I was checking everything (*everything!*), I opened my cornmeal, which I haven't used in forever either... it was full of a new bug I'd never see