Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

Should Chris Benoit be inducted in WWE Hall of Fame?

I'm kind of at a crossroads with this one,because I just can't get over what he did to be able to even see him in the Hall of Fame.I can't see past it.Yes,he was a great wrestler,and probably one of the greatest ever,but should murderers be in the Hall of Fame?Do you think what he did overshadows his long wrestling career?Now,when I hear the name Chris Benoit,I don't think of his wrestling career first,I think of him being a cold-blooded murderer,and then I think of his wrestling career!

• Kim
    Favorite Answer

No hall of fame for Benoit...sorry. If he & his family had died in a car accident or something like that...yeah, put him in the hall of fame. But now...no. No one is going to remember him for the great wrestler & performer that he was. Everyone is always going to say, "Yeah, wasn't he the wrestler that killed his family and then himself?"

I Don't See WWE Inducting Benoit Into The Hall Of Fame Any Time Soon The WWE Has Pretty Much Decided That Putting Benoit In The WWE HOF Would Be Bad For Business

• Amber

Um, seems like everyone has forgotten about the DNA and blood samples found by the bodies, they are waiting on those yet to come back, I am serious that they still aren't all completely sure he was the one responsible, (DA Ballard proves on video and on the Fayetteville news site)

Think about this, alot of other wrestlers have suffered numerous concussions and head injuries, they haven't committed violent acts, dementia doesn't say anything about any of that behavior either.

Plus he didn't send the texts, because the zip code is wrong, his correct zip is 30214 (as stated in the sealed search warrant for Dr. Astin), the texts said 30215, you can get that zip by typing in his address on the internet maps, the 30215 pops up, plus 2 texts were sent at the same time, impossible. Not to mention he had already been dead when some were sent. You can send texts through a computer too. Just some things to think about...

(that extensive finding is credited to Tisha Willburn on Myspace aka dxgrl)

No matter what, I think he should be inducted someday, he had a huge legacy and it shouldn't just be thrown away like yesterday's news, that is ridiculous.

It'll be sad if he has been convicted and years later they find out he didn't do it, hope it doesn't come to that..

(even the smallest detail is important)

I am 100% serious, everything is from trusted sources, not gossip sites.

Source(s): research, and a brain

Honestly yes I do think he should be allowed into the WWE Hall of fame. It should be based on the 20 or so years he put into the business, not on one tragic night that caused him to commit a horrible act and then take his own life. Regardless of the horrible crime he committed he was still a great and professional wrestler and should be honored as such.

• he should and no matter what happen he will be a man of my respect.

Source(s): nuff dogs join now

I don't think he will be in the Hall of Fame. At least not during my life time. Yeah, he was great, and his career merits it, but it would be a spit in the face to all the other wrestlers in there.

I think that he should because we knew his character in WWE and I always thought his wrestling career was really good but then again what he did was really a big hit against him so I could understand some people not knowing what to do.

Hall of Shame, not the Hall of Fame for Benoit.

I don't think he should. Murder and Suicide are not exactly high respect, as those in the Hall of Fame should be!!

Source(s): My opinion.

he should because he did that not in wwe. i mean he is going to be inducted in hof because he was a good wrestler not because he murdered his family. i am not saying that he did the right thing but i think he should be in hof.

rip benoit family.