Are you sick of California songs?

I'm with Local H on this one...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xdr0emjy5Sw

Youtube thumbnail

I mean seriously, there's only so much you can say about one state.

Favorite Answer

haha, that is the only local H song i've heard and i loved it. and i completely agree... me being on the old midwest really dont give a crap about the west coast. and the fact that most people havent been to california gives it this magical amazing place.... piss on that. may have been the case in the 60's today? ill stick around here.

oh yea.. and F*** new york too

First, the band leader comes out and says they aren't professional, then they play a simple song that struggles lyrically and isn't complicated melodically.

That just about sums it up right there. If you can't go to a place like Malibu or San Diego without feeling insecure, you just write a knuckle-dragging, finger-pointing, screaming song like that and give up. Boy, you really stuck it in Beverly Hills' eye that time, guys.

Of course, if you have ANY skills whatsoever, go to SoCal and try to make it.

Don't hate the place. Hate the game.

Yes. And a lot of it isn't true, such as "It Never Rains in Southern California". What kind of crap is that?

Source(s): Lifelong CA resident

no, its not that state that theyre talking about

its the culture and atomosphere.. and believe me.. theres a reason for all the songs.

i still enjoy california songs

yeah! i want to hear something about some no name state. that would be kind of cool. people don't say enough about my home city chicago. only frank sinatra was nice enough to grace me with something

lol. yeah, thankfully the few songs about my state aren't overrated & usually highly praised.

well, I was in the 60's when I was "California Surf Music-ed" to death!

• Rckets

You can blame 90% of it on the RHCP. I'm all for more songs about Iowa and Nebraska.

I agree! : )