How long should a 5 week old baby boy be? How do you accurately measure length. How much should he weigh?

Best Answer

Just like there are different sized ppl there are different sized babies. My baby boy weighed 5 lbs 6 oz at birth and 4 weeks later he weighs 6 lbs 2 oz. He was 53 cms at birth and is now 55 cms. It's really different for every child and there's no averages as long as the baby steadily picks up weight I wouldn't worry. To measure, make sure the baby's stretched out, measure from his head to the tip of his toes.

Ok, I'm looking at my little boy's growth charts, (UK).

The average weight for a 5 week old boy is about 4.75kg which is about 10.5lb. The average length is 55cm. But all babies are different, as long as he is alert when he is awake and is feeding well he is probably just fine.

all babies are different.

at 5 weeks my daughter was 8lbs8oz and 55.5cm and they said this was healthy enough.

it also depends how large your baby was at birth.

as long as your baby is increasing weight steadily then there should be no problem.

Source(s): looked back at daughters charts