Original cross country quotes?

I was wondering if anybody had any original quotes that have to do with running or cross country running. These would go on my teams cross country t shirt. Please nothing that has alter meanings that are inaprapiate. I am looking for unique quotes that arn't commen but kind of sould intimidating like "our sport is your sports punishment" or something like that. Thanks.

Best Answer

In one of our races the girls from another team were yelling "I love hills!" While going up the hills. Another good one is "Every day I'm hustling"

The saying that is on the back of our cross country shirts this year is:

The Cross Country Philosophy:

The faster you run the faster you're done.

I don't know if I have the spelling correct for philosophy or not. sorry. But yeah, I really like that quote. And it is so true. When we run the mile in P.E. and I am lapping everyone for the second time I tell them that the faster they run the faster that they will be done. I think that it is pretty smart.

Happy running!

• b4_999

I ran my first NYC Marathon with the letters DOA on the front of my singlet.

NYPD and the EMTs got the reference.

If you can read this then you are behind

(put this on the back of the shirt)

My high school coach used to tell us to run harder on hills because you used different muscles than on flat stretches. We believed him. "Hard on the hills!", Coach Heath would holler.

' cross country runners do it longer, harder, and in the woods'

nothing better.

If you want to run--TRAIN; if you want to win--TRAIN HARDER.

"Yes.....this is our idea of fun"