My boss is getting treated for leukemia at the hospital, I would like to visit, but I dont know what hospital?

and how the procedure works.......

Should I give her a call and ask her directly or Ask a coworker......

I don't know because I want to surprise her when visiting so If i asked the boss directly it would ruin the suprise, but if I asked a coworker, he/she might not know or feel obligated to visit her if he/she havent as well

thanks for your answer

Favorite Answer

Inquire indiscretely at work about which hospital your boss is using, not directly saying 'I'm going to visit, where is she?' Also, once you find out the facility, you may wish to call the hospital to check on their visiting regulations and if the patient (your boss) is up to receiving visitors. They can answer this without upsetting your boss, and you can base what you do on this information. Remember, although it may be nice to visit, she may not want one of her employees to see her in a vulnerable situation. You may wish to just send flowers and note asking her to call 'when she feels up to a visit' and let her invite you.

Source(s): worked in hospital settings before.
  • Thomas

If you want to surprise your boss just ask any co-workers that have visited their boss in the hospital. Calling your boss direct is a good think too. That would tell her that some of her empolyee's care. no matter which way you choice it good that you care. send her my best wishes too...

you have 2 options really... 1. u can ask ur boss very informally as if it is a courtesy call... and then find the details...2. you can ask a coworker and not mentioning that you are going to visit her..That shud hopefully resolve your problem. Gud Luck :-)

What I can tell you try to ask co-worker, ask in different manner as if you like to know how is she doing .Like saying "by the in which Hospital is our boss & when do you think she gonna come back"

Leukemia and treatment for it affects the immune system. It actually may not be a good idea to visit her. You should check with hospital staff first.

I don't think your boss is up for a surprise right now. She may not want visitors at all. I would call her, send flowers, and go see her but only if she gave her explicit "OK".

She may not want her subordinates to see her down and out. It may be difficult to discipline you whenever she gets back to work if you are really nice to her now. I know that sounds selfish and silly but these are real issues.

I wish her well and you too.

God Bless.

Ask a coworker or call local hospitals.

You should call her directly. Usually, people in hospitals don't like surprises.

You should find out if she wants visitors at that point. If she is just there for chemotherapy, it would be a good way to pass the time, but you need to find out if she would like company. Some people don't want anyone to see them when they're at a low point.

if your boss is in a relationship, then ask their spouse or girl/boyfriend. ask a family member. ask a coworker. ask the manager. or the store owner. i wish them luck =)