Where does the Word 'Yahweh' originate from? How is it related to YHWH? Why is it translated LORD?

This is a question that I have never received a fixed answer. I understood that the name given by God to Moses in Exodus (I AM, or I Am that I Am, rough translation), in ancient Hebrew froms the menomic Y.H.W.H. From this because no one wanted to say the name of the Lord, and because there are no vowels in... show more This is a question that I have never received a fixed answer.

I understood that the name given by God to Moses in Exodus (I AM, or I Am that I Am, rough translation), in ancient Hebrew froms the menomic Y.H.W.H.

From this because no one wanted to say the name of the Lord, and because there are no vowels in written hebrew, the pronunciation developed into YaHWeH, or sometimes Jehovah.

Can someone please clarify?

And put it in a way that my 11 year old students at school would also be able to understand?