Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

good drugs and bad drugs???

which drugs are good and which drugs are bad? i personally think every drug has its magic. like alchohol will make most people more social, aspirin gets rid of head aches, marijuana puts most people in a good mood, lsd gives you idea's if you wanna be artistic and draw an original picture or painting, morphine makes you feel good/gets rid of pain, etc. etc.

but alot of people think some drugs are good and some are bad, what do you think?

• Favorite Answer

Bad drugs which have uses but the negative effects (overdose, addiction) outweigh the positive: Heroin, cocaine, amphetamines.

Good drugs which deserve more research but aren't getting enough: LSD, LSA, marijuana, salvia (which many states are working on making illegal even though it may be a strong anti-depressant even in small doses that don't make you trip), mescaline, psilocybin mushrooms and possibly a few others. All are good for depression. LSD and LSA have been shown to stop cluster headaches (which there is no cure for) and migraines and help a person be more accepting of themselves and the world. Sure, there is the problem of "bad trips", but those usually happen because the person is nervous or in the wrong setting. I'd like to say I'm not promoting drug use, just stating the positive effects of these.

• Phil

Drugs have their positive uses, but if you depend on them to be social or creative or feel good, you're not making full use of your natural abilities. Also, the effect of a given drug depends on how much is used and on the person using it. I've seen some people become more anti-social when they drink, for instance, and while marijuana puts some people in a good mood, it also makes them behave stupidly. And LSD can produce bad trips as well as good ones. Morphine, cocaine, and sometimes alcohol can be extremely addictive drugs, and when you become addicted, the drugs own you. You can't do without them and you'll do anything to get them.

I'm reminded of an excellent Blur Song...

A cartoon in a ketamine

Jelly mixed with margarine

White doves from the war machine

Every body movin

Cocaine is for murderers

Codeine for the jurors

Caffeine been through all of us

All the people horny

Crackwhores back in town again

Eggships sniffing benelyn

Burning all the oil again

Smoking makes you holy

Textin abbreviates the brain

Aspirin takes away the pain

Rock on, everyone the same

That's the way it is

Brothers and sisters

Rebuild your lives

We're all drug takers

Give us something tonight

Rohypnol like a chloroform

Sugar from the day you are born

Washed out like a dinosaur

Really don't believe it.

Sticky sniffing superglue

sulphates keep you in a zoo

Monkeys turning into you

Everybody horney

Acid good up on the moors

Gimpo stops you getting bored

Beta's busy making laws

Procaine stops you screaming

Librium for anxiety

Drinking it our society

That's the way it is

That's the way it is even when we're pissed

:-)

Source(s): Blur - Brothers and Sisters
  • Rikki

I don't think of drugs as inherently bad or good. I think most drugs have uses that help people in some way. But I think that when they're overused or used in the wrong way they can cause all kinds of hell. I guess it's a judgement call in some cases. How much is getting wasted worth to you? What are you willing to pay? Your relationships? Your sanity? Your health? YOUR LIFE???

I think some drugs do really bad things to people we love. Like alcohol killing most of my husband's relatives. Nobody got to their 60th birthday. Or tobacco killing my dad. I lost him when I was 26. It really sucks. I don't think using a particular substance makes you "bad" or "good" either. It's not about morality for me. I just hate to see people get hurt. Take good care of yourself, okay?

I think what is legal now is good with the addition of marijuana.

Everything else messes with your mind in a pretty bad way.

• lizz6 years agoReport

I have never done drugs and I have sufferd a lot

ALL DRUGS ARE BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

only joking, i love drugs,

but i think some drugs suit some people better than others, personally i like a few lines of speed with a few shots of absynth. a winning combination.

there are bad drugs?