Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Has anyone ever seen any movies by The Marx Brothers?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • BeeGee
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, I think that I have seen every movie that the Marx Brothers made. They are hysterically funny. The Marx Bros., especially Groucho, were masters of physical comedy as well as verbal comedy. If you have never seen any of their movies, you are in store for a treat. I especially reccommend A Night at the Opera, A Night in Casablanca, Animal Crackers, Duck Soup, Horsefeathers, A Day at the Races, or any of them for that matter. Watch out for poor long-suffering Margaret Dumont who co-stars in many of these movies. She's a laugh a minute.

• 1 decade ago

I've probably seen all of them, most of them a number of times. "Duck Soup" is a reliable one, but they're all pretty wacky and out there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_Soup

If you're ready for something really different, you should try some of their films. Some are a bit more uneven than others, but the brothers are entertaining, and Margaret Dumont is usually around to be picked on. According to my readings, people said that she really didn't "get" the Marx Brothers and sort of went along with everything they did. Marilyn Monroe has a scene with them!

info about ALL of the Marx Brothers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marx_Brothers

• 1 decade ago

Yes but it's been a long time though. I remember when Harpo was on I Love Lucy a long time ago.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, "A day at the races" being one I believe or is it "A Night at the opera", sorry but a Queen(or possibly two) album had the same name, I'm drunk and it's 05:20am

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Every single one of them, including the 1950's embarrassments.

• 1 decade ago

I have seen one, I think it was called Duck Soup or crackers or something like that

• 1 decade ago

Several of them. "Horsefeathers" is my favorite, because it's the most subversive. Harpo is especially funny in that film.

• 1 decade ago

They are funny and have that old time humor.

• 1 decade ago

yes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.