Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Has anyone ever seen any movies by The Marx Brothers?

• BeeGee
    Favorite Answer

Yes, I think that I have seen every movie that the Marx Brothers made. They are hysterically funny. The Marx Bros., especially Groucho, were masters of physical comedy as well as verbal comedy. If you have never seen any of their movies, you are in store for a treat. I especially reccommend A Night at the Opera, A Night in Casablanca, Animal Crackers, Duck Soup, Horsefeathers, A Day at the Races, or any of them for that matter. Watch out for poor long-suffering Margaret Dumont who co-stars in many of these movies. She's a laugh a minute.

I've probably seen all of them, most of them a number of times. "Duck Soup" is a reliable one, but they're all pretty wacky and out there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_Soup

If you're ready for something really different, you should try some of their films. Some are a bit more uneven than others, but the brothers are entertaining, and Margaret Dumont is usually around to be picked on. According to my readings, people said that she really didn't "get" the Marx Brothers and sort of went along with everything they did. Marilyn Monroe has a scene with them!

info about ALL of the Marx Brothers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marx_Brothers

Yes but it's been a long time though. I remember when Harpo was on I Love Lucy a long time ago.

Yes, "A day at the races" being one I believe or is it "A Night at the opera", sorry but a Queen(or possibly two) album had the same name, I'm drunk and it's 05:20am

Every single one of them, including the 1950's embarrassments.

I have seen one, I think it was called Duck Soup or crackers or something like that

Several of them. "Horsefeathers" is my favorite, because it's the most subversive. Harpo is especially funny in that film.

They are funny and have that old time humor.

yes.