I'm trying to install Windows 98 on my computer...?

I wanted to format the hard drive, which currently has Windows 98, and then reinstall Windows 98. First, I put the 98 cd in and picked start computer with cd-rom support. Next, I typed in "fdisk" when a: showed up. Then, I deleted the primary disk partition and after that I created a new primary disk... show more I wanted to format the hard drive, which currently has Windows 98, and then reinstall Windows 98. First, I put the 98 cd in and picked start computer with cd-rom support. Next, I typed in "fdisk" when a: showed up. Then, I deleted the primary disk partition and after that I created a new primary disk partition. After all of this I restarted the computer and picked start Windows 98 setup from cd. When it gets to the point where it has to format the hard drive it says: Setup cannot install windows 98 on your computer. An error was detected while formatting your primary hard disk partation. Any ideas??? Thanks.
Update: The computer was working before I tried to do this so the hard drive must be good. This computer was designed for Windows 98. I can't afford to get a new computer or newer os thats why I'm reinstalling 98.