Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

how should i tell my parents i want to drop out of high school?

nothing motivates me anymore, nothing, nothing i like to do, the things that i'm good at is waht i don't even like to do. i don't like anything anymore. i want to drop out of high school and just lay down. i can just be homeless and don't care. i don't know what to do anymore. i'm so bored in life. i'm home all the time, i don't even have any friends anymore. i just sit in my room all dayo n computer, and i'm too bored to go out, i'm too bored to do anything, games don't even make me have fun anymore. nothing's fun anymore. i want to drop out of high school so i have nothing to do. i don't know what to do anymore.

psychologists to me are lame, it's just a waste of money, they just tell me common sense, everything they tell i already know, even i can be a psychologist right now if i wanted to. it's so easy. so don't tell me to go to a psychiatrist or go psychologist or some crap.

i just want to stop being so stressed out. is there going to be a point in my life where i can relax?

i think about killing myself everyday, i think about dropping out of high school everyday, i can't do this anymore, i want to.

i even think about going to prison so i can live there with free food, free housing, free clothing, free medical care. i can relax in prison even if someone try to rape or kill me, i can relax more in there. i'll take the risk. i don't know anymore. i don't know anthing anymore.

i have enough credits right now so if i keep doing my work i'll graduate, plus i'm a senior for christ sakes, i'm a freaking senior. and i want to drop out!

i don't know, nobody can help me, i'm going emo mode. i swear i am. everybody tells me common sense, everybody tells me everything.

i don't even know why i'm asking you guys on yahoo answer even though i know you probably can't help me and just tell me common sense like talk to your parents or go to a psychiatrist, go blah blah blah. i'm just saying this right here so i can relieve some stress, so i have something to say this to. so i have someone to say this to. even though you guys can't help me or even though this is only the internet. i don't know

is there going to be a point in my life where i don't worry about everything> is there going to be a point in my life where i can just sit back and relax? is there going to be a point in my life where i can have fun?

well the truth is i don't care about anything anymore. nothings fun anymore. i don't want to be a psychologist and help other people like me, i don't want to do anything, i only have 2 friends in real life and they aren't even close.

i just want to have fun in life, i just sit home all the time, on the computer all the time, i want to go out, i go out to the mall and walk around it's boring, i go out and run outside alone and it's boring, theres nothign to do anymore. i don't know.

Favorite Answer

Yes, drop out of highschool so that the rest of us can pay for your @$$ on welfare for the rest of your life with our taxes. Go to jail so that you can be a lazy SOB there on our tax dollars.

The truth of the matter is that most teenagers have no motivation in highschool, and manage to at least finish. You're an effing child. Life sucks when you're a child. You're HARDLY the first to feel this way. Get over it.

I am a senior in high school right now, so I completely understand your frustration with school. You are NOT a loser because you dropped out of high school because you have plans and goals for your future. You know what you want to do, and how you want to get there. I know that if I dropped out of school my parents would be very upset, so I can only help based on that possible reaction. You should probably expect some kind of negative reaction on their part simply because they are concerned for you, your future, etc. This is understandable, but do not let it deter you from sharing your decision with them. You should approach them when they are not under any stress from work, relationships, money, etc. Ask them to listen to you before interrupting. Make sure you are all sitting down, as well. This way people can't get mad and stomp out. Also, its probably a good idea to have INFORMATION about your plans for the future, like which Community College you want to attend, how you plan on getting your GED (which I think is needed to go to community college, maybe not), which classes you want to take, etc. This shows resonsibility on your part. Actions speak louder than words. While it is honorable to have the INTENT to go to school, their reaction to your dropping out will be better if you have a PLAN. Also, you should probably have something to do during the week since you aren't attending school yet. Maybe a job or something. This will also demonstrate responsibility. I really hope this helps, and I wish you luck!!

• Phil M

Welcome to life buddy! Do you think I enjoy waking up at 6am to go to a job doing things I dont wanna do, to make my boss more money? No.

But I do enjoy the things it affords me. Your school is your job. You do good in school, your parents stop hassling you, stress goes away and you finish. When you finish you receive recognition for completing something.

You do need to see a psychiatrist, but thats only when you're ready to accept help until then you're right....you do know it all and there isn't anything anyone can tell you.

Oh, and if/when you were homeless, what is it you'd be doing then that would be different than now? NOTHING, so why not skip the homeless venture all together and be bored with nice things or things you can be proud of having; rather than being bored and living on a sidewalk.

Lastly, Prozac and other drugs dont do much good towards solving the problem, they treat the symptoms. Yeah, thats good for awhile, but the problem will always be there and you'll just have to increase dosage or do whatever else it takes to keep treating symptoms.

well to answer your question on how to tell your parents u want to dropout theres a simple solution : DONT! Your a senior! My god less than a year to go!!!! I think maybe you should see a psychologist or a councilor or just any one that you can talk to, it seems like you have a lot on your mind and having someone to express your feelings to can only help....your hitting a bottom right now and all you need to do is pull yourself out, maybe a doctor can prescribe you something to make you feel better, ive been there and i was against dr's and med's too but in the long run it really helped day by day it gets easier....and never aim for jail, jail is the worst you'll never get out.....go to school starting tomorrow with a better attitude and know that with doing well your life will get better and in a couple years you'll have a job and be successful! I hope everything works out and if you need anyone to talk to my contact info is available...GOOD LUCK

No one can really understand your position. Yet from another perspective this is what I think:

You should stop being on the computer, and go outside near a lake, or just you back yard.

Take in a DEEP breath and THINK about your life.

-Do you really want to go on with this?

-Will it affect your future life, such as careers, family, etc.

[When you go apply for a job, you ~will~ have to fill out an application, and fill out the education section.]

Look, just think this: There are more consequences, than good things about dropping out.

Your life is just beggining.

There are so many things to look forward to

***At least try your best just ONE LAST YEAR

You don't want to regret anything like this.

Just <<<Think about it>>>>

Source(s): Also, I feel stressed out at times too. There's dating, homework, grades, appearance. ALOT OF THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT But you need to stop take deep breaths, set some goals, and your life will be much better. God is by your side. ~~Oh and please do not judge this answer harshly I tried my best to help you.

Tell them exactly what you told us.. =)

P.s.- Ya Don't want to drop out, 'specially if your a senior. Even if you wouldn't care if your a hobo, stay in high school. At least with your diploma if you decide to stop being a hobo. you'd have "something" to fall back on. Good luck in life.. I think your little episode will be over soon. If not, your depressed. Just go to the doctor and tell them =)

Cheeers.

Source(s): MOI!

Do not drop out of school,it's way to hard to get a good job now without a diploma,believe me I know.I have been depressed also,I know how you feel,you have to try and think of the positive things in your life.Write your feelings down at night,do this every night .It may help you.Do not stay alone,talk to someone.When you are alone you are just sitting there thinking about awful things.Get out do something,even if its a walk.And listen,you can e-mail me anytime ok.I went through major depression and I made it,I want to help you...

How bout some Prozac??? You sound depressed...maybe bored with school. Sounds like you aren't being challenged enough in life. Go out...find other constructive things to do. Why would you want to get so close to graduating and then not do it? and if psychologists are lame...and you can be one....then go to school and become one and help people like yourself.

maybe you should lay off the smoke dude!

it's the main thing that kills motivation!

oh yeah your PC give it away your too young to be absorbed in such mindless activities then you may gain some friends too!

and you can get some Vit D for your skin!

your board because your lazy!

and you smoke to much wacky tabbacy!

it hink you should take some risk and jump out of your comfort zone!

it's the only way that and stop that wacky stuff!

you sound like my brother all whoa me and crap@

Just wait and be patient. Try hard and dont give up.