Aren't squirrels the cutest?

So, I was just outside having a smoke (yeah yeah, I am down to ultra lights) and I see a squirrel at the other end of my yard. I made some clicking sounds to get its attention and I started hippity-hopping over to me, stopping, then starting again when I spoke softly to it. It got to two inches from my bare feet... show more So, I was just outside having a smoke (yeah yeah, I am down to ultra lights) and I see a squirrel at the other end of my yard. I made some clicking sounds to get its attention and I started hippity-hopping over to me, stopping, then starting again when I spoke softly to it. It got to two inches from my bare feet when I shifted my weight to look down at it, then it ran.

Still, the most adorable little critter.

Off-topic, but I thought it might lighten the mood.
Update: It lightened my mood anyway, so I wanted to share.
Update 2: RAINBOW

Bon temps rouler!

Alligator meat is great though
Update 3: Carrie I always talk to animals and they frequently approach me. (I've also noticed a few nights the deer peering in through my window watching me sleep, which freaked me out at first, but a friend told me they do that with bears too and probably think I am one.) You're probably right about the inhaling. show more Carrie

I always talk to animals and they frequently approach me. (I've also noticed a few nights the deer peering in through my window watching me sleep, which freaked me out at first, but a friend told me they do that with bears too and probably think I am one.)

You're probably right about the inhaling.
Update 4: Rainbow

No, Creole.

Gator meat has the protein of beef, the good cholesterol of salmon, and as low in fat as chicken.

Plus, personally I feel less ethical concern eating reptiles!
Update 5: Rio

I loved your story. Kids are so adorable. Especially in small doses.
Update 6: Apple

Some of the most loving animals I've known have been rats!

QR

Good point about them getting too tame. they also end up more vulnerable.
Update 7: "Squirrel whisperer"! ROTFLMAO!
Update 8: robert j

FYI, this is the 4th posting of yours I've reported today. One needn't be a feminist to see how totally UNCOOL your conduct is.