Enchilada Soup w/chicken?

Anyone have a great recipe you use to make it? I'm looking for one that's the same or close to the Enchilada Soup that is served at Cracker Barrel. thanks!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I've never had the soup from Cracker Barrel but I love chicken enchilada soup here's my fav. recipe

INGREDIENTS

1 1/4 cups chicken broth

10 (6 inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1/2 inch strips

1 cup green enchilada sauce

1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce

1 teaspoon ground cumin

4 cooked, boneless and skinless chicken breast halve

1 cup half-and-half

1 tomato, chopped

1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced

1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

DIRECTIONS

Combine chicken stock and tortilla strips in a large pot. Cook over medium heat until strips soften and broth thickens somewhat.

Stir in enchilada sauces and cumin. Stir in chicken and half-and-half; heat through.

Divide among four bowls and garnish with diced tomato, jalapeno pepper, and cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.

• 1 decade ago

This isn't an exact recipe & I haven't eaten at cracker barrel but you might like it and it is pretty easy. Start with an onion or two. Peel dice and sautee in vegetable oil with some finely minced garlic, add some chili powder a goodhandful with a couple of Tblsps of white flour & ! tblsp of coco powder. Add chicken broth, a tomato product such as catsup ( I know that sounds weird) canned tomato sauce or diced tomatoes with or w/o chilies. other vegetables as desired, bell peppers, green beans, corn, carrots and celery are just a few you might choose from. Add your cooked torn up chicken or cut up raw chicken. Bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer until chicken and vegetables are cooked and tender. You might want to garnish with tortilla chips, fresh cilantro leaves, sour cream or a Mexican cheese like cojito.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Taco Bake 1 bag of tortilla chips 1 lb ground turkey or beef 1 small can of diced green peppers 1 bottle of medium taco sauce 1/2 onion diced shredded cheese 1 can of refreid beans Directions: Cook the ground meat and diced onions in olive oil. Cook until meat is fully cooked. Add the can of diced green peppers and the bottle of taco sauce and stir together. In a baking pan layer the bottom with tortilla chips, add some beans, cheese, and meat, then another layer of chips, beans, cheese, and meat. Keep layering. Cook in the oven at 350 for 25 minutes.

• 1 decade ago

CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP

1 bag tortilla chips, halved

1 sm. onion, chopped

1 clove garlic, crushed

2 tbsp. vegetable oil

1 sm. jar picante sauce

1 can beef broth

1 can chicken broth

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 can chunk-style chicken

1 1/2 c. water

1 tbsp. steak sauce

2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp. cumin

1 tsp. chili powder

1/8 tsp. pepper

3 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Paprika

Saute onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons hot oil in Dutch oven. Add remaining ingredients except cheese and paprika and chips; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 1 hour. Add 1/2 bag of chips and cheese; simmer, uncovered 10 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika and serve with reserved tortilla chips. Yield: 8 cups.

Source(s): www.cooks.com
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.