what is the average salary of a pharmaceutical drug rep after 5 years?
- Confused_RepLv 41 decade agoFavorite Answer
It would depend on many factors, such as:
1. The salary of the rep at the time he/she was hired. (Everything else later on is based on this figure.)
2. The company. (Note: Anymore, working for big pharma companies, like Eli Lilly and Pfizer, does not guarantee a bigger salary than working for a smaller company like Amgen, Genentech, Amylin, etc.).
3. The sales performance of the rep through the years. (The better the performance, the bigger the merit increase.)
Hope this helps.Source(s): Many years as a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative and multiple years recipient of top performance awards.
- ~Miss Dior~Lv 51 decade ago
That is a very profitable job! Within 5 years you could easily be in the 6 figure category. Depending on what company you are working for of course. With Eli Lilly and Phizer you can make 6 figures in less that 5 years.