Scientific evidence that 12/21/2012 is the end of the world?

Okay, so the Mayans "predicted" the end of the world would be December 21st, 2012. (Or maybe their demise just came before they could finish off the calendar?) And then I know there's some junk about the I-Ching. But what I want to know about is if the north and south poles inside of the Earth will... show more Okay, so the Mayans "predicted" the end of the world would be December 21st, 2012. (Or maybe their demise just came before they could finish off the calendar?) And then I know there's some junk about the I-Ching. But what I want to know about is if the north and south poles inside of the Earth will switch or not... or maybe if a huge solar eclipse will ruin us.

If the poles did switch, what would happen? Would it happen exactly on that date, or happen over a period of hours, days, months? What's the chance of the poles switching? If the poles didn't switch, what would happen instead, if anything?

And, lastly, do you believe that 12/21/'12 is the end of the world as we know it?

Thanks to all who answer.