(UK) how much a week for electric on a key meter?

How much a week is about normal for electricity on a key meter? I have just had my meter changed and the old one didn't work properly so cost very little, I was just wondering how much I'm going to charged roughly now I've got a new one that works...

whoops, sorry. there are 2 adults, both out all day, tv for abut 3 hours a day, computer for about 8, dishwasher every day, washing machine every day, tumble drier every day. cooker and central heating is gas, but shower electric (used every day too).

Best Answer

no more that £15 a week i use £20 and got 5 kids and 5 bed house hope this helps

• Sally

I used to be on a key meter in a 2-bedroom flat (just me and my toddler) - washing machine & tumbledrier every day, tv and computer, no dishwasher but an electric cooker - it was normally about a tenner a week I think. More in winter with the lights on and hot meals more often, less in summer as we were out more.

I spend about £20 a month on mine, two people living in a one bed flat using TV, computer, shower daily.

Heating and washing machine most days at the moment

Yours may be more as dryers use a lot of juice - not sure about dishwashers.

Wintertime is obvioulsy more expensive too,

Go onto "USWITCH" the cheapest supplier is dependant on area and amount of use . 2 Minutes on there will tell you whether it is worth switching and and how much you will save. By the way. Revisit the site once a month and switch every month (or week) if it is to your benefit. Let the companies do all the paperwork and sit back and laugh at them. By the way, my cheapest supplier for the last 3 months has been EDF Energy.

I pay about £10 but don't use a dryer and only wash a couple of loads a week. I use TV, radio, dishwasher and lights (all low energy).

this all depends on how big the house is, how many people are living there, what appliances you have like a shower etc, is there someone home all day i.e with kids etc or is it empty all day.

i would guess about $5.00 - $7.00 per week (depending on the size of your home, and use)... for a month i think it's usually about $25.00