Co-Sleeping?? Yes Or No?

Ok so, I have a 7 1/2 month old that has been sleeping in his own crib since he was 3 weeks old. He is starting to teethe and was having some difficulty going to sleep so I put him in bed with me and WhaLa! He went right to sleep. He has only slept with me about 5 times and he seems to like it. My husband and I... show more Ok so, I have a 7 1/2 month old that has been sleeping in his own crib since he was 3 weeks old. He is starting to teethe and was having some difficulty going to sleep so I put him in bed with me and WhaLa! He went right to sleep. He has only slept with me about 5 times and he seems to like it. My husband and I both strongly agreed that he should sleep in his own room.
So now, My husband is in Iraq and wont be home until december of 08 (minus the r&r for 2 weeks in Feb for the babys birthday) There is a void in the bed lol so I have room for the baby. Should I let this go on, I know he is only going to be a baby once and I should enjoy every minute of it. He is my pride and joy and everything in it, but if my husband were home he would not be in our bed. I belive a marital bed is a place for a husband and wife to bond and is no place for a baby, but my husband is not here!!!
I nurse too so it makes it easier. Should I be doing this????
Thanks for reading!
Update: It is either him sleep with me or me rock him all night. I dont "let him cry it out" I dont belive in that.