GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR A JUDGE'S LICENSE:
1. Be an ARBA member at least five (5) consecutive years prior to filing for application.
2. Hold a registrar's license for at least two (2) years and have registered at least thirty-five (35) rabbits if applying for a rabbit judge's license, or fifteen (15) cavies if applying for a cavy judge's license.
3. File an application with the ARBA Secretary, including an application fee. Application must be signed by at least twenty (20) ARBA adult members.(See schedule of fees below). There is no refund on this fee if the applicant fails the exam.
4. Complete examination, both written and oral, as soon as possible after making application. The examination must be taken and passed prior to officially assisting a judge at any show. No credit will be given for any show worked prior to examination.
5. Your ARBA District Director makes all arrangements for the examination. The applicant must pass the oral exam with a minimum grade of seventy (70) percent and the written exam with a minimum grade of eighty (80) percent.
6. If the applicant does not pass, he/she may contact the ARBA Secretary via telephone to review the questions missed. Another examination may be requested after a six (6) month waiting period but before a period of twelve (12) months has elapsed. A re-testing fee is required.
7. Assist at eight (8) all breed shows under licensed judges if applying for an all breed license and secure the endorsement of at least six (6) of those judges. Assist in the judging of the desired breed under licensed judges at three (3) shows if applying for a specialty license and secure the endorsement of at least two (2) of those judges. The specified number of shows are in addition to those worked while qualifying for a registrar's license. Applicant must assist with the placement of awards in at least one (1) class in each breed worked.
8. Secure permission from the show superintendent and the judge with whom applicant will be working, prior to the show. Applicant cannot work a breed in which he/she is an exhibitor. Applicant cannot work at an ARBA convention show. Applicant can assist at only one show each calendar day for official credit.
9. The examination must be passed and the required number of shows worked and passed within a three(3) year period from the date of application.
10. All licensed judges must attend an ARBA judge's conference at least once every five (5) years. An annual review test must be completed and passed, if required.
11. A judge must hold a registrar's license and keep it valid.
SCHEDULE OF FEES:
1. Application fee: $100.00
2. Re-test fee: $50.00
3. Annual renewal fee: Rabbit - $20.00 per year (3 years for $50.00,Cavy - $15.00 per year (3 years for $35.00)
4. All licenses are due and payable on January 1st each year.
5. If license is lapsed for a period up to two (2) years, the judge may be reinstated by the Board of Directors upon payment of all back license fees plus a $10.00 reinstatement fee. ARBA MEMBERSHIP MUST REMAIN CURRENT AT ALL TIMES.
6. If license is lapsed for TWO (2) years or more, a new license application is required.
IF FURTHER INFORMATION IS REQUIRED PLEASE CONTACT THE ARBA OFFICE.
American Rabbit Breeders Association, Inc.
PO Box 426 Bloomington, IL 61702
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - Noon and 12:45 PM - 4:30 PM CST Phone: (309) 664-7500 Fax : (309) 664-0941 Email: ARBAPOST@aol.com