How to be placed on husbands grant deed in Houston, TX/harris county?

Question Details: Our house was bought about a year ago. but my credit score sucks, so we qualified w/ the mortgage using only him as the buyer even though my income is greater than his...I would qualify for a particular tax break that he won't qualify for in regards to the yearly school taxes (100% va compensated gets caps on school taxes just as a 65 yr. old would). However, I need to be listed on the grant deed and would like to know if someone has advice. I called the citys school taxes office and the advice wasn't helpful, i.e., I need to be placed on his grant deed.

Favorite Answer

you need to call the county recorder/accessors office and talk to them. Then get a quit claim and fill it out. Hopefully you are putting it into a trust? protect yourself! Once you fill out the quit claim you both have to have it notarized and then take into the recorders office. (look on tax records to find it). you will have to send in a copy of your deed with it. good luck!

Source(s): home owner!