My Husband Loves his Computer and X-box more Then His Family, and I can live with this?

*****THIS HAS BEEN ON GOING FOR SO LONG THAT I'M EMBRASSED TO SAY. HE ONLY COME TO BED TO SLEEP, SEX,AND SNORED ME TO DEATH.I DON'T KNOW IF I LOVE HIM ANYMORE AND I DON'T ENJOY HIM AROUND ME OR EVEN HAVING SEX FOR YEARS. ONLINE COMPUTERS HAVE RUIN MANY LIVE'S, FAMILY, AND MY INSANITY AND I'M SO LONELY THAT I FEEL ALONE AND AFTER 17 YRS OF BEING TOGETHER WHAT SHOULD I DO,MICROSOFT HAS RUIN SO MANY PEPOPLE'S LIFE AND EVEN CAUSE MANY TEEN TO TAKE THER LIFE. STILL HAS TO STOP PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVISE PLEASE

Favorite Answer

This is a very difficult and hurtful to see your second part near and at the same time absolutely far from you. That's sad and terribly unfair.

There is the problem not only with the computer and microsoft, but with your husband's addiction to all of these. He is simply sick and addicted to the computer games or internet or anything of that kind.

This addiction comes from the 'nothing-to-do-at-home-in-a-spare-time'... most probably from the beggining, from his childhood he used to enjoy to stay alone and with himself, instead of going out with friends or attend some groups. These kind of people usually suffer fromt he computers. As they find the machines more interesting to sit with rather than people.

Of course, they don't think about other's feelings, as this is the common behaviour. They are out of the society and they forget about their own responsibility.

You have to be strong in this situation and try all means to get his attention to your personality and interests. Become friendly with his as well, respect his interest and so-called 'addiction', only by understanding of the problem you can easily solve and destroy the connection in case of the addiction. You can't simply do anything without the knowledge about your opponent and in this case your oppenent is the computer with x-box.

You should speak to your husband more and as much as possible to get his attention completely to your personality. You should spend more time with him, even if he plays some computer game.

Go out of the city for several days, the best advice is to go to the mountains and stay there for about 10-15 days. Enjoy that time by your own. Nature helps a lot! Nature treats people!

You should be very strong to cope and figth with that. And you should support yourself as well, your power to cooperate. Don't let anger to rule your way of thinking, be wise.

I wish you to solve the problem and bring your husband back!

*

If you break his Xbox he'll likely just replace it and go ballistic about it.

Try asking some open ended questions. Turn the TV off and then tell him you want to ask him a question. Don't be hostile.

Ask him what the xbox gives him that you and your relationship doesn't?

Ask him if he realized how much it hurts you that he spends so much more time playing games than with you?

Ask him if his marriage and family are still important to him?

Ask him what HE thinks he can do to show his family and you that you are still important to him and worth spending time with?

With an argument like this, the second you make a statement or suggestion you have lost. Make him give the answers, listen intently to what he has to say it will tell you a lot. Remember any commitment he makes and hold him to them, if he goes back on most/all for them at least you gave him a chance.

OK I am a hardcore gamer!!!I am 26. I also am a father of three and have a half way decent marriage. I say that because I am working on gaining some trust back from my wife. (My own stupidity!!!) What I think is just like everything else there is a time and place for everything! I play games alot but I also work 7 days a week 10-14 hr days! My wife understands aggression, frustration, anger, and crap talking come out there in game life and not married life! I'm not saying what hes doing is right especially if he has no job and plays 24/7. (I have no respect for man that doesn't work!!!) You guys need to talk but be careful setting rules and regulations on his gaming because he will despise you and hate you for it! My wife tried to change things about me needless to say it didn't happen I changed when I wanted to! I hope this helps! Like I said be careful on demanding try compromising! Oh yeah and breaking his stuff could lead to World War 3 I recommend not doing that! E-mail if you'd like or have questions! I always like to help if I can!

Cut the cord on the computer, and throw the x-box off your balcony if you have one, or just run over it with your car.

I'm a 15 year old boy and I don't play computer games, I go on the computer to go in this site, and go on educational sites, I'm a bit of a nerd, but I drink too much and I have the best friends I could possibly have, they're great. All girls too, my mum thinks I'm gay, but I'm not :P. Sorry that was a bit off subject.

For a fully grown man, he should have gave up computer games and being on the computer for long periods of time a longgggg time ago.

Seriously, as someone said, see a counsoler, and before that, run over the x-box or something, break it. See what he does. Obviously you need the computer if you have kids or you'll need it to check emails etc.

Hope I help

Sweety take the computer sell it, or smash it into million pieces. I know you,ll hurt his feeling, but if he love you he,ll understand that he addictive to the computer, and Xbox what a grown man doing playing with toys. I say have him get a job, take you out dinner,movie, or sports game if your a fan. I wouldn,t tolerate it, and he should respects your wishes, or tell him to take a walk. The webs had ruin alot with porn sites, many are trying to pick up young, old,and childrens on the computer that danger, and that when the polices, F.B.I. get involved so if I were you checks and see what he playing with and call the Law if you think he doing something illegal.

Source(s): Sweety I hope you fine the cure to your problems, you deserve better,tell him to be a man, not gigolo.
  • Yuzuki

Well I'm sorry for that but for the past 3 or 4 years my step dad stays on the computer literally almost ALL day just playing poker. What kind of life is that??? The only time I get it is about 11:30 at night. He sits on the computer all day and eats all the food here. Just sit down with your husband (if you can pry him away from his game) and tell him how its affecting your relationship, he maybe having all kinds of fun but your not.

lets start off by taking the blame away from microsoft. you need to confront the real issue here which your need for more time and attention from your husband. lets look at the positives hes at home and still wants to have sex with you. So start from here. There are a lot of potential problems in a marriage. you have to believe that your relationship can survive this one.

I am sorry you feel like that towards your husband. Microsoft hasn't ruin people's lives, it is people who ruin their own life. It is all about choices that people make. Your husband has made choices to play X-box, neglect his family, etc.....he made those choices himself. No one made him do that, but himself.

If he has an addiction, then he needs to get some help. Both of you need help.

I would consider reading "The Proper Care and Feeding of Marriage."

i think you should do like we do to the kids, limitations. if he doesnt want to play then he has to do something like clean the house or help with the kids., i say maybe you get a new hobbie and be away from him like he is way from you. keep the kids away from him and if he wants to the internet then give it to him. he will soon miss your cooking, and sex. i think you shoulod start to take things awa yfrom him. start with sex, if he wants to be on the computer for hours and then finally roll into bed for sex, he is crazy , push him away and tell him to go back to his computer for sex. if he is on the Xbox for hours and wants dinner tell him to get it from his Xbox. you have to stand up and show him that you are there. dont pay the cable bill or internet bill for the weekend. do something drastic or you will have no choice but to leave him.If thats what you think you have to do then guesss what , you have to do that . you are a human and have needs. he isnt helping you or being there for you. why should you care about him. good luck.

Tell your husband that you want to see a good counselor, before the problem gets so bad that you feel you have to leave him.