Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Cat treats?

I had a quick question about cat treats.

I know with cat foods, there's a certain criteria you should look for on the label of ingredients. Is it the same way for treats? If so, what are they? Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

Hi Sam...ideally, the same rule applies for cat treats as it does for their regular diet. The first ingredient should be meat rather than a carbohydrate filler (e.g. corn, corn meal, etc.) Treats generally can be cause more weight gain in cats so treat sparingly.

Source(s): Animal Trainer to domestic and exotic cats 27 year frienship with a veterinarian

My cat is over ten years old. I give her Pounce or the Friskies treats usually and she is a very healthy cat. She loves here evening treats. I hold the can to her and she points the the can for her treat. Funny stuff. I usually feed her 4-5 treats most every night. But she doesn't eat much during the day. She is kind of finicky.

you just have to worry if there is something bad in them for cats. I am planing to make home made treats so i now for sure whats in them. Try to make sure of little or none catnip. it will kil them adventually a lot of plants are not good eighter and also beware of milk treats. Most cats are lactostentolerent. Stick with mainly meat treats. I hope i helped

Source(s): catfancy mag

Hmmm, sounds familiar...

My 17-YO cat is allergic to ALL fish-flavored cat foods, so I have to look at the ingredients carefully, whether it be cat treats or canned cat food...

Thanks for asking...and good luck!

Try to steer away from treats that have sugars and other high calorie ingredients, as that is a way to get an obese cat.

And if you are going to give treats, do it sparingly.

Just make sure they are good quality. If your concerned ask your vet or get the same brand treats as your cat's regular food. Good luck!!

not really

you should try to get treats that are good for your cats teeth

there is no big difference but check any ways=)

no difference