Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Cat treats?

I had a quick question about cat treats.

I know with cat foods, there's a certain criteria you should look for on the label of ingredients. Is it the same way for treats? If so, what are they? Thanks in advance.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi Sam...ideally, the same rule applies for cat treats as it does for their regular diet. The first ingredient should be meat rather than a carbohydrate filler (e.g. corn, corn meal, etc.) Treats generally can be cause more weight gain in cats so treat sparingly.

Source(s): Animal Trainer to domestic and exotic cats 27 year frienship with a veterinarian
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

My cat is over ten years old. I give her Pounce or the Friskies treats usually and she is a very healthy cat. She loves here evening treats. I hold the can to her and she points the the can for her treat. Funny stuff. I usually feed her 4-5 treats most every night. But she doesn't eat much during the day. She is kind of finicky.

• 1 decade ago

you just have to worry if there is something bad in them for cats. I am planing to make home made treats so i now for sure whats in them. Try to make sure of little or none catnip. it will kil them adventually a lot of plants are not good eighter and also beware of milk treats. Most cats are lactostentolerent. Stick with mainly meat treats. I hope i helped

Source(s): catfancy mag
  • 1 decade ago

Hmmm, sounds familiar...

My 17-YO cat is allergic to ALL fish-flavored cat foods, so I have to look at the ingredients carefully, whether it be cat treats or canned cat food...

Thanks for asking...and good luck!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Try to steer away from treats that have sugars and other high calorie ingredients, as that is a way to get an obese cat.

And if you are going to give treats, do it sparingly.

• 1 decade ago

Just make sure they are good quality. If your concerned ask your vet or get the same brand treats as your cat's regular food. Good luck!!

• 1 decade ago

not really

you should try to get treats that are good for your cats teeth

• 1 decade ago

there is no big difference but check any ways=)

• 1 decade ago

no difference

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.