Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsEngagements & Weddings · 1 decade ago

When is your wedding date set , and what is your wedding budget ?

Our wedding date is set for February 16 2008 . We've spent a total of $25,000 . All we have to buy now are the gifts and the favors and the flower girls dress :)

lilbobo1980 - thats a beautiful dress

Favorite Answer

My wedding date is in November 2008 , we're not sure on the exact date yet because we can't decide on a venue...

Our budget is $38,000... we might not use all of it, but its there if we need it

My fiance and i have saved a lot of money , we can spend it any which way we please , and just for your information i do donate money every month $100 to be exact - to the RSPCA to help animals . and on top of that i have 3 kids to look after which is where most of my money goes to . We're paying off our house at the moment , and if we have the money to spend , why not enjoy ourselves ..

Source(s): butterfliesRfree -Houses no longer cost $25,000.00 . Where i'm from the average house costs over one hundred thousand dollars .. What does that have to do with a wedding budget anyway ... 25 years ago everything would have been a lot cheaper than it is today , not just houses .

It's really difficult to say. That would depend on a number of different factors. You could set a date with zero wedding budget in the bank, if your wedding is say 12-24 months away. Also, that depends on what type of venue you pick. If you're renting a VFW hall, that might cost you $500 for the whole thing. But, if you go more formal, a hotel dining room or ballroom might cost you $500 for just the deposit. You are going to approach paying for those two events, much differently. In some cases, you might be able to pay a little here and there, out of your normal bank account/checking/savings and not have to have a specific, separate bank account devoted to wedding expenses. But, that depends on your income and such. I'd say, it's a good idea to have about 1/4 of your wedding budget set aside OR easily attainable. Most venues and vendors ask for about 1/4 of the total cost, as a initial deposit. The second payment is usually due anywhere between 6 months- 6 days before the wedding. Some vendors (like the photographer) will ask for the remaining balance AFTER the wedding and before they hand over any products/pictures, etc. I would divide my wedding budget like this. The first payments should be about 1/4 of your budget, this is devoted to deposits for the venue, photographer, videographer, florist, limo, etc. The 2nd payment (1/2 of the remaining balances), should be available during the middle of planning (if your engagment is 1 year, then 6 months). Then the last and remaining balances should be available within a month before the wedding. Any Example: Say your wedding costs $15,000 and you have a 1 year engagement. I would have about $3750 saved up before talking to any vendors. After paying vendors for the initial deposit/payment. That will leave you with a remaining balance of $11,250. Exact 1/2 of the remaining balance budget would be about $5,625 and that would be 6 months prior to you wedding. Last, you would have a remaining budget of $5,625 that you should have within the last 2-6 weeks to the wedding.

I am getting married in April 2008 and will be going the cheap route. I could rack up some credit card debt for the wedding but we have decided that we don't want to do that. We are working to finish paying off our debts and save for the wedding.

I want a lovely wedding but at low cost so I am doing the following:

I will be ordering flowers and making the arrangements myself... me and the bridesmaids are going to get together and make our bouquets. The flowers will be about $300.00 and there will be plenty!!!

I have decided to get the dress that I want so I will be spending $800.00 on it. http://www.foreverbridals.com/gownpix.asp?Style=47...

Instead of paying to have my wedding catered I am going to be serving h'orderves. I am going to buy alot of them from BJ's and have family help with bringing it and setting it up. There will be some things that they will make also.... This will save us alot of money and everyone loves h'orderves :)_ I feel like they should be there to witness our marriage and it should not be all about the food. $400 - 500 ... I do plan on having some people serve the drinks and keep the tables tidy

A family member will be playing the piano and we will also have a dj which is also a friend of the family. $0.00

Tables and chairs are free :) But I will be paying to cover them which will make everything look beautiful $300.00

My aunt has offered to pay for our wedding cake :) $350.00 - Aunt = FREE

The ceremony and reception will be at the same location which is CHEAP 250.00 for the whole day/evening. It sits 200+ and has an attached kitchen.

As far as the decorations... I have been picking them up along the way. I am collecting class vases from people... garage sales... I have not spent more then 2.00 and have all that I need and they are all lovely.

Also... after my wedding I plan on selling all the decorations and my dress...So that will be some money back in our pockets :)

These are just some of the cost. I do not plan to spend more then 3,000.00.

My wedding is either going to be May 31, 2008 or the next week June 7, depending on which day the pastor is available. I'll know within a couple weeks.

My budget will be about $5000 and so far we are doing decent. I went a little overboard on the dress compared to what I was going to do, but I am cutting the costs in other areas to make up for it.

So far everything is turning out simple and beautiful. It's so perfect!

Wedding costs are nuts. I spent $4000 on my dress and we ran into some big financial problems recently so we can't even get married anytime soon. It's insane how much it costs to get married, it makes it so hard for young couples to have really nice beautiful weddings. I wanted to do a small wedding and in Florida having under 30 guests would have cost about $18,000 going cheaply so we are just going to have to wait. The cost of the wedding isn't even the total, people forget how much the rings and honeymoon cost too!! We spent $11,000 on my engagement ring, nice to look at and I'll have it to wear my whole life but kinda unnecessary. Looking back, we coulda spent the money more wisely.

Too bad my man wont decide on a date yet for us. But the ring is being purchased. First thing set was a budget of 10k, both families have never had a big wedding so we are blessed enough to enjoy a decent/extravagent ceremony. Also believe if you got it, flaunt it. Enjoy what you do have cause tomorrow it could get washed away and your memories will remain forever. But NEVER go into debt for materials things Understand the difference.

Our wedding date is April 19, 2008 and our budget is around $10,000. Thank goodness we live in Iowa where that type of budget actually results in a decent wedding! I watch the bridal shows and am amazed how much it costs to pull off a wedding matching what I am having in a big city! I am suddenly glad to be a midwestern girl!

I know I'm probably the cheapest woman alive, but I spent less then $700.00 for everything for my wedding. I did about 95% of the work myself. I had a budget of $850.00. I just wanted something extremely small at first without family around.. But hubby wanted his mother and sister there. So I planned for $850.. and 40 people.. My day was WONDERFUL! And btw.. weve been together a really long time. :) So have a beautiful day.

02/14/09. We are having 250 guests, 21 friends in the bridal party and our budget is at $25,000!:) Luckily, we got a free Mariachi group, a free photographer/videographer and someone who is doing all the fresh flowers as a gift! I might come in under budget, but I saw a beautiful cake for around $900.00, so we shall see! By the way, I haven't told him how much the cake costs! He will freak out....lol

• Mekana

Our date is August 20th, 2008 (for our 4th anniversary) in Hawaii with 50 guests. our budget is $20,000 BUT i really did not want to spend that much. I've been shopping around and figuring out how to make most of the things we want/need ourselves. We're also having a "reception" back home for 300 people. So now we're looking at less than $10,000 including honeymoon and spending money.

Ours is set for 09/12/2009. We're still in the planning stages but we're looking at about $30,000 right now.

This is a second marriage for both of us but neither one of us did things the way we wanted to the first time around so we're kinda making up for it. We also live in a rural community and both the matron of honor and best man are coming in from out of state so we want to pay for their hotel rooms which is increasing our costs. We're also paying for out wedding parties clothes since we're doing 1800's reproductions. Just our rings alone are over $5000! We're having fun with this though and our friends, family and each other are worth every cent!