Were the Japanese Imperialists convicted of war crimes, even though Japan said the war was legal?

I think if you check your history books, the Japanese Prime Minister and other leaders were convicted and executed for war crimes, despite the fact that the war was perfectly legal under Japanese law. And, despite the fact that the US organized the trial, they were not tried under U.S. law either. They were... show more I think if you check your history books, the Japanese Prime Minister and other leaders were convicted and executed for war crimes, despite the fact that the war was perfectly legal under Japanese law.

And, despite the fact that the US organized the trial, they were not tried under U.S. law either.

They were tried and sentenced under international law.

Hmm.
Update: grips, the US is losing the war in Iraq.
Update 2: Scott, quit guessing when it's easy enough to look it up. You only make yourself look foolish. What was Tojo convicted for?