1974 Council of American Witches history?

I've written to Mr. Carl Llewellyn Weschcke about this council and the 13 Principles of Wiccan Belief.. here is his response: "I drafted the “13 Principles of Wiccan Belief” the evening before the famous WitchMeet. As host, I chaired the Meet, and offered the group my draft. As I remember if – and no... show more I've written to Mr. Carl Llewellyn Weschcke about this council and the 13 Principles of Wiccan Belief.. here is his response:
"I drafted the “13 Principles of Wiccan Belief” the evening before the famous WitchMeet. As host, I chaired the Meet, and offered the group my draft. As I remember if – and no minutes were taken – the only debate was on the organization’s name: Council of American Witches versus American Council of Witches.

I maintained the position that American Witches were distinctive from British Witches in that we were more eclectic than traditional, and didn’t want some other group to claim that we were only a ‘chapter’ in some larger, as far as anyone knew, not yet existence group located in Europe.
(more)
Update: I drafted the Principles to give substance to the Meet, and to establish as basis by which Gavin [Frost] and Hermann [Slater] could easily resolve their differences about homosexuals in the movement. It worked, and I asked the two of them to publically shake hands to acknowledge that they buried their... show more I drafted the Principles to give substance to the Meet, and to establish as basis by which Gavin [Frost] and Hermann [Slater] could easily resolve their differences about homosexuals in the movement. It worked, and I asked the two of them to publically shake hands to acknowledge that they buried their differences.

I did maintain a record of participants but disposed of it under the duress of cleaning house for our move from one home to another. I’ve regretted that several times since. …[T]here were about seventy participants, total...
Update 2: I recall that everyone did identify themselves, and named any group of which they were representative. Many of them were regular participants in the annual Gnosticons [the first Pagan festivals in the U.S. that were sponsored by Llewellyn] – a substantial presence from Madison, Chicago, and Milwaukee, and lesser... show more I recall that everyone did identify themselves, and named any group of which they were representative. Many of them were regular participants in the annual Gnosticons [the first Pagan festivals in the U.S. that were sponsored by Llewellyn] – a substantial presence from Madison, Chicago, and Milwaukee, and lesser from New York, California, and elsewhere. It was at the Meet that Morning Glory and Oberon [Ravenheart-Zell] were married with Isaac [Bonewitz] officiating, and another event was an absent healing of Lady Sheba who was then living in Florida with a diagnosed tumor which was scheduled for surgical removal. Following our healing, the surgery was no longer necessary.
Update 3: It was never officially disbanded. I just did not have time to continue with it along with a growing Llewellyn and the birth of my son, and the following year we discontinued the Gnosticons which had always been a cash drain for Llewellyn. [My wife] Sandra and I had incorporated the First Wiccan Church of... show more It was never officially disbanded. I just did not have time to continue with it along with a growing Llewellyn and the birth of my son, and the following year we discontinued the Gnosticons which had always been a cash drain for Llewellyn. [My wife] Sandra and I had incorporated the First Wiccan Church of Minnesota, but later let it lapse as unnecessary for our small coven.

That’s all I can recall."
Update 4: Do you find this helpful?