how much money should a car delaer take off of a demo with 6,500 miles on it ?

The Genreal Motors discount price is $27,000.

The car is a 2007 Buick Terazza, farily loaded, msrp is around 31,000 including options.. Base price of 28,000. I offered to put 3,000 down and a trade of 2200. I was all set for the deal but they only wanted to take off $1,000. They also would not answer the question of when warranty started (inservice date). I was all set but ticked off the salesman when I walked.

Favorite Answer

i am a manager of a car dealership and i drive demos and so do all my guys and we dont thrash the cars like people think we keep them immacualte just in case customers need to see them and keep them mechanically perfect as price goes depending on the year if its a last year model there would be dealer cash available as well as rebates so normally about $3000 under invoice is the price

It depends what type of car, if its a car with a high demand, not much, if its one of their cars that don't sell, maybe $1 a mile. I would not buy a demo because they are horsed by the testers leaving the engine no time to break in.

DEPENDS ON THE DEALER, I JUST HELPED ONE OF MY CUSTOMERS BY A 2007 GMC ENVOY 2WD SLE DEMO.

THE STICKER WAS $31,798 LOADED AND THEY WERE ASKING $25,995 WITH 9000 MILES ON IT ALSO IT WAS A CERTIFIED GM VEHICLE.

IT TOOK AWHILE AND SOME NEGOTIATING BUT I GOT THE PRICE DOWN TO $21,000 FOR THE CUSTOMER AND THEY WENT FOR IT AS WELL AS THE CUSTOMER.

IT YOU GOT THE TIME AND PATIENCE, YOU MAKE ANY OFFER AND STAND FIRM, IF THEY DON'T LIKE IT WALK.

I BET THAT BEFORE YOU GET TO THE DOOR THEY WILL RECONSIDER ANYTHING YOU HAVE TO OFFER.

Source(s): 923

It depends make a low ball offer of like 19000 and see what happens.

about 2K to 3K on import and 3 to 5K for us make