Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 decade ago

do you die?

if you die in your own dream..does that mean you die in real life?

Favorite Answer

Everyone dies someday, but if you mean before old age, then dreams have no effect. No, you wouldn't die then.

i would say no just cause i have had dreams in which i die and i die at the age i am now and nothing like that has happened. for some people it does happen but i think only if ur sick or ur old of age. in dreams i have been shot and nothing yet and some of those dreams i had when i was younger. so if ur freaking out about that don't. just stay calm and don't worry. just live a long life as best u can. remember HAKUNA MATATA (no worries, it's from lion king). =D

No, if you have a dream that you're dying or dead, it doesn't mean you'll die in your sleep. If it did, I'd have been dead many times over by now. Some people believe that dying in a dream is symbolic of going in to a new phase in your life, that is, that a part of you, the 'old you' is dying. Maybe you're about to go through a big life event.

No, but I am sure it has meaning ....Usually that points to a dying to ones self or something else in your life.. Perhaps something you have held onto that's not beneficial or an attitude or relationship....

When I have dreams like that change takes place and it is usually for the better ....Dream on!!

No because I have dreamed I've died and am still here.Same with the falling thing and hitting something...I have dreamt I've fallen from a very high point and hit the ground and nothing's happened.I think it depends on the intensity of your dream....if it's too much you may give yourself a heart attack(which is what I believe happens to people when they dream of falling and hitting pavement or ground...they scared themsleves to death)

According to Hindu mithology if you see any dead person in your dream and you die in the dream you might have effect of the dream in your life.

Uh... how would one know if they have died in their dream? If am dreaming and it's a bad dream, I tend to awaken. I am not sure anyone who's actually died, and were dreaming would be able to tell us.. ."hey, guess I dreamed I was dying and I died"... is this a trick question? Winks

my understanding with dreams of death is that the person that dies will be undergoing a different path in life which is totally different from the path he was on before, so it's great when someone dreams of death.

Source(s): take from my aboriginal culture

The Chinese philosopher who pondered if he was a butterfly dreaming of being a man, ... or a man dreaming that he was a butterfly, still could not fly, no matter WHAT he DREAMED.

:-)

No you only die once.In a dream it may feel like you do,but no one really can explain the feeling,so you wake up....