Windshield fog in 93 Camry - won't stay away?

The windshield in my 93 Camry gets this fog-like grey film over most of it. AC and/or heat and/or windows down don't make a dent in it. Weather conditions don't matter either. If I spray lots of Windex on it and wipe it off, it's clear. But then it slowly comes back and is fully there within 3 days... show more The windshield in my 93 Camry gets this fog-like grey film over most of it. AC and/or heat and/or windows down don't make a dent in it. Weather conditions don't matter either. If I spray lots of Windex on it and wipe it off, it's clear. But then it slowly comes back and is fully there within 3 days (reglardless of weather). We don't smoke. I can't figure it out.

It's different from traditional condensation that you can just wipe off. If you try to just wipe this is smears. It needs Windex, and lots of it. I tried just putting the vents on the floor and no heater or AC. Doesn't matter. Tried driving with the windows down, doesn't matter. I'm ready to kick the thing out and get a new windshield. Any thoughts? I bought the car used about a year and a half ago so I don't know "where it's been." It's not bad during the day, but the glare at night of headlights off of it makes it somewhat hard to see. Thanks.