Some websites offer listings of paid marketing surveys as a way to make money online ... are they for real?

I'm looking for a way to make a little extra money online. I found several websites that offer "updated/ current" listings of market research companies that will pay for completed product surveys and participation in focus groups. These sites cost about fifty bucks ,one time, to become a member,... show more I'm looking for a way to make a little extra money online.

I found several websites that offer "updated/ current" listings of market research companies that will pay for completed product surveys and participation in focus groups.

These sites cost about fifty bucks ,one time, to become a member, is it worth it? Can I really make some money, or is it just a scam?

Please answer if you have experience in this area, and let me know the pros and cons and details. If this is a real possibility then pls tell me the most reputable/reliable website to join.

Or, explain another way.

Your expertise is appreciated;

Jonnie