Scratches on disk?

Can a small scratch on my disk cause it to not install properly or not play at all. Cause my dungeon Siege 2 game has a scratch on it and when its done downloading i cant play it cause it cant read the disk. Is is beacuse of the scratch? Cause i have had disks that have had tons of scratches and played perfectly fine. Best answer gets 10 points.

Favorite Answer

Scratches can potentially harm a game, but usually not. A single scratch has little effect.

Scratches caused my final fantasy 7 game to pause and force me to wipe the disc, but most my discs are really scratched up, and they're fine.

if you really want to be sure its the scratch or not. go to best buy or radioshack buy a scratch fix machine for 30 bucks throw your game on it then put it in your computer if it works it was the scratch if it doesnt then it was the game and take back the machine, but i had one scratch on my guitar hero 2 and it wouldnt work so i got that machine and it it worked perfectly. :)

Source(s): bestbuy.com radioshack.com

most of the time you need to wipe it off. if it still doesnt work you need to return it cause it means it wont play right. ive had this problem and it sucks but it probly doesnt work

Source(s): ehow.com

check the lens use tooth past

Use a bandanna peel and rub it.