Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

how can i make black icing from orange icing? i have red, blue, green and yellow food colouring thanx?

PLEASE ANSWER IM SO DESPERATE

Best Answer

I think if you mix them all together, it will be a shade of black. Try a little bit on a plate or something and see if it works. Good luck!

Not sure you can, but I'd try equal parts blue and green and then (maybe) a little red.

Try different combinations in small amounts until you find the proper percentages.

Too bad you don't have a white icing. Should be able to turn that black with 1/3 each of the red, green, blue.

Good luck.

If you mix the red and blue and then add a little yellow, you will get something that is brownish probably. You will have to play with it--perhaps add more blue until you get it to the color you want. Mixing all 3 primary colors in the right combination (blue, red, yellow) technically will get something like black. You might want to go to a party store or specialty bakeware shop and p/u black icing to be on the safe side.

Simple - you can't. There is a black icing colourant on the market. Tesco sell it.

You can make orange from red and yellow

You can make green from blue and yellow

You can make mauve/purple from red and blue

You can make pink from using just the tiniest spot of red. Did you know that red colouring is called cochineal, which is made from beetles' blood?

• G.V.

I think you are going to have to buy black food coloring. It should be around in the stores since it's close to Halloween. Mixing the colors that you have already will mostly likely give you a very muddy brown, not black.

You can try mixing the colors all together but your frosting is probably going to come out runny and is going to taste funky. You would be better off going to the store and getting a black tint or using dark chocolate frosting instead.

I always purchase black icing from my grocery store's bakery. They charge very little for it, and all I have to do is put in on the cake or cupcakes.

i think the first answer was right, mix them all together and it should come out a shade of black if not completely black. good luck

Mix them all together, with more blue or green than anything else.

Good Luck!!!

As black is not a color, but a tint, you can't make it from colors. You could at best get brown. You have to get black color.