What pride is there in the USA when you live in FEAR?? People who support the "Patriot" act..?

People who support the "Patriot" act are those who live in fear of another 9/11. They think that removing their freedoms (Yes, the 4th amendment is VERY important to our freedoms and it has been done away with via the "Patriot" act) will protect them from attacks. But this very act will bring... show more People who support the "Patriot" act are those who live in fear of another 9/11. They think that removing their freedoms (Yes, the 4th amendment is VERY important to our freedoms and it has been done away with via the "Patriot" act) will protect them from attacks. But this very act will bring down our freedoms totally.

I have recently posted disturbing questions on YA about the Freedom of Speech being quieted. People are actually trying to DEFEND the government doing this!?! Do you see anything wrong with this picture?
And before any of you try to say I am not an American..or what ever...I SERVED in the military active duty for 4 years, so I know what it means not to have those freedoms.

What pride is there in the USA when you live in FEAR from what may happen from terrorists? Supporting the "Patriot" act and letting the removal of our freedoms are acts of fear.

Take precautions, but do so WITHIN the Constitution!
Update: GlenB..It is impossible to support the "Patriot" and support the Constitution and not live in fear. You can't have all three...if you think you can, then you obviously don't know what the "Patriot" act does to you and your freedoms.
Update 2: Jadis...What part of my being in the military don't you get? I support the SECOND as well as ALL of the Constitution. This also has nothing to do with Democrat/Republican or Liberal and Conservative. They are ALL out for the same goals! Just their description of their label is different. Their goals... show more Jadis...What part of my being in the military don't you get? I support the SECOND as well as ALL of the Constitution.

This also has nothing to do with Democrat/Republican or Liberal and Conservative. They are ALL out for the same goals! Just their description of their label is different. Their goals aren't.

If you have read ANY of my questions, you will see that I do not subscribe to any one party.
Update 3: Fatpizza...if the government really wanted to do something about them then they would have closed down the borders for a short period of time and totally barred ANYONE from coming across our borders and found out exactly who we DID have here. They would have had more border security instead of prosecuting the... show more Fatpizza...if the government really wanted to do something about them then they would have closed down the borders for a short period of time and totally barred ANYONE from coming across our borders and found out exactly who we DID have here.

They would have had more border security instead of prosecuting the agents who were actually doing their job and then ignoring those who help illegals cross into the US.

What do you do when you have been attacked? You make a barrier to slow them down...but where is the fence they said they would make but never financed it?
Update 4: Everyone...I just wanted to THANK YOU SO MUCH! For proving my point about living in fear. Sad really that their is no longer any courage to let our institution do their jobs without removing our rights.