4 Days in Switzerland

Can anyone suggest a route for a 4 days Trip in Switzerland? If the first stop is Zurich, and I want to visit Lauterbrunnen, Mt Titlis, Engelberg, Rotair Cable Car,Lion Monument

Chapel Bridge,Wassweturm,Luzern, Interlaken, a boat trip at Brienzersee or Thun, Jungfrau(if possible).

1 Answer

Rating
  • ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

in my opinion, it is quite tight to go to all the places ur mentioned in ur question...

let's group all the destination first.

a. Engelberg

b. Mt. Titlis + Rotair Cable Car (i guess this one is in titlis)

c. Luzern (including Lion monument, Chapel Bridge, Wassweturm)

d. Interlaken + Lauterbrunnen + Jungrau

e. boattrip on Brienzersee or Thunersee

Day 1: assume that u arrive zurich in the morning, I dont recommend to stay in zurich because there is not much to see. u can take one hr train to engelberg to see the church first. and then in the afternoon take one hr train to go to luzern. All the destination u want to visit in luzern is very close, 3-4hrs should be enough to see them all. the info in luzern train station provide a map and a route for u to see them all.

Stay in luzern at night.

Day2: if u didnt finish luzern yet, then stay there in the morning. after luzern, take the train to lauterbrunnen through interlaken. (dont sleep on the train, u can see the beautiful brienzersee on the way) u can take the bus to see the waterfall in the mountain first. and stay in lauterbrunnen.

Day3: take the train go up jungfrau in the very early morning. come down interlaken at noon. u can take the boat in interlaken to thun, thun is also a beautiful town to take a look. u can choose to stay in either bern or thun.

Day4: u didnt mention in question, but i would like to recommend u to go to bern, the capital of switzerland. the old town is on the world heritage list. with special street and structure. u can also ask for a map in the info and follow the recommended route. it take around 4 hrs.

After bern, u can go back to zurich. or go to other european countries from there.

*if u really want to go to titlis, u can go at day 2 after luzern. it is quite close. but i recommend u Jungfrau. it is more beautiful.

**if the weather is cloudy or rainy, i dont recommend u to go up the mountains because the up on the mountain is all cloud, u cant see anything......of course, why dont 到此一遊. ur choice.

***interlaken dont have much to see except the lake but it is good place to buy souvieur.

Source(s): studied in switzerland for 5yrs. have been 30countries in europe and all cantons in switzerland.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.