I'd like some good J-Rock / J-Pop. Recommendations please.?

I've been studying Japanese and have heard from many people that listening to Japanese music helped them pick up some good usage tips and phrases.

The problem is, I really don't feel like trudging through hours of really terrible music for a few that are bearable.

Here's a very small sample of bands I like:

The Strokes

The White Stripes

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Pearl Jam

Wilco

Of Montreal

Brendan Benson

Josh Rouse

Any recommendations? As long as it's well played, quality music I can probably get into it.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well I love the band An Cafe. It's also called Antic Cafe, or Antique Cafe. I also really really really like the band LM.C also called Lovely Mocochang, well that's what it stands for.

Here are some more cool bands(in no order):

alice nine.

An Cafe

Ayabie

Charlotte

D'espairs Ray

Dir en grey

Dollis Marry

Due Le Quartz

Gackt

girugamesh

Hyde

Kagerou

kagrra

L'Arc En Ciel

LM.C

LUNA SEA

Malice Mizer

MAXIMUM THE HORMONE

Merry

Miyavi

Moi Dix Moi

MUCC

Nightmare

Orange Range

Phantasmagoria

Plastic Tree

RENTRER EN SOI

Sadie

Schwarz Stein

Shiina Ringo

SID

SuG

the GazettE

UVERworld

Vidoll

X-Japan

From the examples of the bands you've given... I guess you should try out these bands:

X Japan

LUNA SEA

MUCC

BUCK-TICK

Gackt

Hyde

L'Arc En Ciel

And well there's alot more but yeah...

Just check out this site:

http://www.batsu.org/

It's a forum site based on J-rock

For J-pop visit:

http://www.jpopmusic.com/forums/

Hope I helped

• 1 decade ago

Alice Nine

Moi Dix mois

Gackt

HYDE

L'arc en Ciel

Malice Mizer

Klaha

Schwarz Stein

the Gazette

Iceman

M.O.V.E.

the Pillows

Asian kung Fu Generation

amano tsukiko

hikaru utada

Dir En Grey

X-Japan

Kaya

kagrra

• 4 years ago

Namie Amuro {J-Pop Singer}: Come {InuYasha ending #5 [i think of of]} pleasing lady {partly English, yet, isn't that the case with optimal J-Pop Do Me greater desirable (do no longer ask, I fairly have not have been given any concept) Utada Hikaru {extraordinarily effective that that's J-Pop} interest {Kingdom Hearts [i think of of] (English Is "Sanctuary")} difficulty-unfastened And clean {Kingdom Hearts II}{English version many situations seek for "difficulty-unfastened And clean jap version" on Google. you are able to discover it there.} Why {InuYasha ending 6[i think of of]} vacationing V6: replace the international {InuYasha taking off a million}{jap and English have the comparable call. many situations its contemporary in jap. DisneyVillan on YouTube has the English version use the YouTube Downloader and convert the checklist with the YouTube Downloader to an mp3 checklist....that's what I did...} Hitomi Takahashi: EverGreen{slow; no longer a lot unhappy yet....i won't be able to be waiting to describe you gotta pay interest it for your self...yet its a extraordinarily music.} Aozora no Namida {Blood+ taking off a million} Jet Boy Jet lady Hitomi Shimatani Angelus{InuYasha taking off 6} Gate Scena Iii Perseus Heavens cord Vs Tri Harvest Moon{don't be fooled-the music indoors the initiating and backround sound Spanish; in spite of if it is not} choose This replace into greater desirable smart than i think of of it fairly is

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.