do canadians celebrate thanksgiving with a parade too?

helping my 7 year old do a report on canadian thanksgiving... but i can't find anywhere if they have a thanksgiving day parade like we do. Any Canadians out there?? please let me know. thanks. Also, do you eat the thanksgiving dinner on Monday?

Favorite Answer

Our Thanksgiving isn't much different than yours, except ours is earlier. We still eat turkey and all the fixin's (in fact, this is one of my favourite holidays because of the turkey). We have CFL games, leaf viewings, cider. Parades are less common - small towns may have them but the largest is in Kitchener - Waterloo, ON. The K - W parade is broadcast nationally and also marks the end of the largest Oktoberfest outside of Munich.

Some other facts:

- Thanksgiving in Canada has a history that stretches back over four hundred years. Martin Frobisher came to Canada in 1578 in search of a northern passage to Asia. He landed in Newfoundland and Labrador and held a feast to give thanks for his safe journey across the Atlantic; this is considered the first Canadian Thanksgiving, and the first one held in North America as it predates the Mayflower by several decades.

- Thanksgiving became an annual holiday in 1872. Armistice Day and Thanksgiving were held together on 11 November from 1921 until 1931 when Armistice Day became Remembrance Day.

- Parliament officially designated the second Monday in October as Thanksgiving in 1957.

- It's a statutory holiday everywhere but in the Maritimes (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland / Labrador).

Source(s): Wiki, Government of Canada, being Canadian, living in the Kay - Dub, my learnings

Hello, Yeah I was raised in Canada then moved to AZ when I was 15. As far as I can remember they do have a parade during the day of. This year its the 8th a monday.

In Canada, Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday in October. The origin and history of Thanksgiving Day in Canada is different from the American Thanksgiving. Whereas the American tradition talks about remembering Pilgrims and settling in the New World, Canadians give thanks for a successful harvest. The geographical location of Canada is further north as compared to the United States therefore the harvest season falls earlier in Canada.

Well, I'm not Canadian or anything, but it's actually funny that I saw your question. My mom and I were discussing yesterday if Canadians follow our culture in America, and I was determined to find out the answer, so I Googled it and found out they do almost the exact same things that we do (almost-ex...turkey, stuffing, etc), but I really don't know if they do the parade. Why don't you try Google.

Hope this helped! :)

It's a big country, and some places might have a parade. But as far as I know no one has one.

Source(s): I'm a Canadian