is cannabis legal in turkey/northern Cyprus?

Favorite Answer

Hi hamper,

it isn't legal neither in TÜRKİYE nor in K.K.T.C.

• Pamela

Sure it should be legal. The problem they have with it is it will be hard to tax because of all the seeds. If one person grows and sells a lot of it, and they pay taxes on it, than the people they sell it to will have the seeds and be able to grow it without being taxed. Maybe if they found a way to genetically alter it so it doesn't have seeds, and the on;y way you can grow it is to buy the seeds from the government, than maybe it will work. But it is all about the money. What harm does it actually do? The only problems I have ever seen, was when someone was smoking some laced crap, and he went into convulsions and passed out for a few hours. Bad experience that was for him. He never used laced cannabis again. If it is all natural, it is actually kind of good for your body. It helps to relieve stress, headaches, stomachaches, and a few other aches and pains. I see no problem with it at all. I am not a user, and didn't use in high school, but everyone I knew from my best friends, to my own mother were all users.

Some people say that legality is also a move towards modernity for a country in terms of civil liberties and that people should have the right to use or make use of them if they do so desire; and that is why I assume you asked that question here.

Although it is legal in some countries, there are laws attached to the legality of Cannabis. Unfortunately Turkish law deems that iit is illegal to possess, use, buy, sell, or cultivate marijuana.

Turkey is also a country that places values above law, similar to religious secular countries like the Philippines or the US. The country may be modern and secular but it isn't stupid enough to allow for that. A country should also be a patron to its citizenry, it should allow for its freedoms but then should also be capable of drawing the lines between what can be potentially harmful to the individual, no matter how much he wills it for himself as it is his right.

No! In Armen many adicts we learn our lesson. Cannabis is bad and will make you crazy and out of senses!

When we were drug adicted we know only hate for Turks but now realize it was all lies! All illusion! We apologize for harassing Yahoo Turkey travel section!

Votch! Cannabis Ketch!

of course not,go to amsterdam if you want it legally,otherwise it is illegal all aroud the world!

• illegal...

I know only Amsterdam where it is legal!

Trading of it is not tolerated.

• :]

yea we smoke it day and night.

lol you wish huh?

(Surely try Amsterdam)

• anlarm

It's illegal. Is it legal in Armenia?

no it aint