Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

What is the chronological order of the dragonlance books?

What order should I read the dragonlance books in the story's chronology?

Favorite Answer

Dragonlance Reading Order

• julbe

Dragonlance Books

Here is the list in order that should be read 1st. All of which have been written by original authors Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman. These are the 1st eight books in the series, and should be read in this order from the top...

1 Chronicles - trilogy

Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Dragons of Winter Night

Dragons of Spring Dawning

2 Legends - Trilogy

Time of The Twins

War of the Twins

Test of the Twins

3 The Second Generation

4 Chronicles (Volume 4)

Dragons of Summer Flame

After Dragons of Summer Flame, its up to the reader what to read next. I personally recomend these other novels from the DragonLance series...:

The Raistlin Chronicles - 2 novels

Soulforge

Brothers in Arms

The Legend of Huma by Richard A. Knaak is fantastic. And last but not least Dragons of Time Anthology is good too. There are many others but that'll get ya started.

I hope I haven't discourged you from taking up the DragonLance series. They are great books and I hope you enjoy them as much as I have, and its refreshing to know that I finally dont have to follow a freaking ring everywhere! :)

Just click wizardsofthecoast.com or dragonlance.com.

I suggest: (for the main storyline)

Chronicles (Trilogy)

Legends (Trilogy)

Dragons of Summer Flame

War of the Souls (Trilogy)

Leaves from the Inn of the Last Home & More Leaves... for some background information.