Republicans and far right, Should Palestinians have an elected government? And is Israel being fair?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Israel is waiting for a guarantee from Palestine. That is, Palestine must agree to Israel's right to exist. When that happens, things will get better. There is peace between Israel and Egypt. They agree each has a right to exist.

Until that time, why would you try and have a treaty with a people who want you dead?

Remember, all this talk of a Palestinian homeland is talk because the Palestinians threw away many chances to have one already. There was supposed to be two countries formed in 1948, Israel and Palestine. Before that, there was no country there, just a loose confederation. The Palestinians and the rest of the Arab world said no to the partition and attacked Israel.

Had they said yes, there would be two countries. Instead, there has been 60 years of fighting.

I am a Republican. Should there be a Palestinian elected government? I will go one step farther. There should be a Palestinian nation. And that nation should begin when Palestinians agree that Israel has the right to exist in the Middle East, behind safe borders.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Israel is being more than fair. The Palestinians were offered an independent state when the current nation of Israel was formed and the Palestinians refused. They're only complaining about having an independent Palestinian state now because they've been so unsuccessful in destroying Israel, which is the Palestinians primary goal. Israel is fighting for their right to exist every day due to the Palestinian leadership brain-washing the Palestinian people that Allah wants them to destroy Israel.

• 1 decade ago

Of course Palestinians should have an elected government. Once that government is in place we as a nation can decide if we want to deal with them or not. All actions have consequences. Israel is the most patient tolerant nation on the face of the Earth. If terrorist in Canada were lobbing missiles into up state New York either with the approval of the Canadian government or with the excuse from the Canadian government that there was nothing they could do about it. I would submit that Canada would lay in a pile of rubble

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes to both counts. The Palestinians elected Hamas and so, get to see the direct results of their choice, all consequences. One day the Palestinians will learn to establish a decent government.

The Israelis are being more than fair and have always been so. The Israelis could drive the Palestinians out and carpet bomb them to rubble but they don't, in spite of the constant threat of suicide bombers, terror attacks and missile attacks.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, that way Israel can make a formal declaration of war against those who have been at war with Israel for decades.

• furne
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

existence isn’t honest. I ought to declare that the Palestinians ought to have found out whilst balloting that they've been balloting for persons who recommend, prepare, and equip Terrorist. they seem to be a 17 november in spite of everything. I ought to declare that your declare that they'd’t vote for his or her very own government is fake, Hamas in spite of everything is in ability in Palestinine. So Democracy does artwork. something of the worldwide has positioned sanctions, rightly so i'd upload, to purpose and push their view on Hamas. something of the worldwide doesn’t want Hamas to be chum chum to Israel yet just to nicely known that Israel has the main suitable to exist and to end using Terrorism. at the beginning it’s our taxpayers’ money that grew to become into being sent over there. Are you advocating that our taxpayers money must be sent to Terrorist without a hundred% assure that the Terrorist couldn’t use it for enable me see Terrorist purposes? it incredibly is our money we've an actual to impose what ever demands on it. We commonly are superb approximately giving out money, united statesa. provides out fifty 5 Billion it fairly is with a B, a 365 days for remote places help. Am I unhappy for the plight of the Palestinians? sure, yet it doest recommend that it takes a rocket scientist to be certain that in case you vote a 17 november into ability whilst united statesa. is struggling with a conflict on "Terror" that they and different worldwide places wont provide help. in spite of everything it incredibly is help and not needed that we shell out our tax money to the worldwide as quickly as we are 8 Trillion money, lower back it fairly is with a T not a B, in debt.

• 1 decade ago

Sure they voted in a terrorist group to lead them and now are paying the price.

Israel is too fair. Isn't funny how we expect the pro western countries to play fair and the liberal media gives a pass to the Islamist radical countries.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Palestine should be given back to the Palestinians.Jews can have their homeland in America where the vast majority of them actually choose to live.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, and yes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.