If an individual opens a free yahoo e-mail account...what happens when they don't use it anymore?

An individual opens an e-mail account with yahoo. They then stop monitoring that e-mail account. What happens to that e-mail account? Is the individual notified in some way? Are people writing to that account notified in some way? How does Yahoo track this type of thing?

• JLM
    Favorite Answer

Yahoo inactivates the account if it has not been logged into it in 4 months.

In the community guidelines, it says that you can only have one account per user, but I think this is because they don't want you to open up multiple accounts, and then come in here and vote on your answers to get best answer.

Yahoo will deactivate if you do not use within 30 or maybe 40 days.

I know for msn is 30 days.

the Yahoo Account gets deleted, that's what happened to me, I forget where, but it says it somewhere on their website.