Whats better...spinach or kale?

Favorite Answer

100% spinach

In my opinion, I think that both spinach and kale have nutrients that are essential for a healthy vegetarian or vegan diet, I like spinach better though, kale tastes kind of funny to me, but I'm sure there are ways of preparing it that make it very palatable.

• ShawnT

Nutritionally, (if that's what you mean) they are very similar. They both contain a lot of iron and calcium. As for which I prefer, I would have to say kale, though it is a tight race. I mostly like it better because, after being cooked, it still has a nice texture and crunchiness to it, whereas spinach can get a little mushy.

Be careful with spinach e coli scare i'd take kale if I were you

• Allie

How could I choose?

They are both awesome, I haven't had kale in a while :[

I could really go for some (kale) right now though.

Better for what? Tasting? Both are super healthy. Kale is a bit more bitter(mildly) & takes longer to cook. Both can be eaten raw. I like Beet Greens & Swiss Chard too, both of those are very mild.

All make great Juice, nice smoothies; raw of course.

Slainté (to your health)

Both are healthy, both can be eaten either cooked or raw. Kale takes longer to cook and is blander than spinach (according to my taste buds at least). One can't say which is better, 'cause it depends upon your taste buds and how long you feel like cooking it.

Both are great.

curly kale with pancetta and pecans Serves: 4 as a side dish factors 50g shelled peanuts a million tbsp olive oil 70g cubed pancetta 2 peeled, thinly sliced garlic cloves ½ chopped, deseeded crimson chilli 200g curly kale Salt, to season technique warmth a huge frying pan over a low warmth. upload 50g shelled, organic pecans and toast for around 5 minutes. do away with the nuts from the pan and bring it as much as a intense warmth. upload a million tbsp olive oil and 70g cubed pancetta and fry for 2–3 minutes, stirring till golden and crisp. upload 2 peeled, thinly sliced garlic cloves and ½ chopped, deseeded crimson chilli and after 30 seconds to a million minute, whilst the garlic has replace into golden, tip 200g curly kale into the pan and season with salt. Stir-fry for 3–4 minutes till the kale has wilted and is purely gentle, then toss in the toasted pecans

Kale.

they both taste good

but i would have to say spinach

beacause you can eat spinach with anything

and i like spinach and dumplings